Don't Do That.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacon came out this time around. I was so excited I made a massive blt with all but 5 or 6 slices of this bacon. Sounded like a good idea. Don't do that.

0219161645[1].jpg

Drop your bottle of fermacap in you 14g of rapid boiling RIS.
Not the contents, the while bottle
I fished it out just before it explodod. That giant SS mash paddle paid for itself today.

Local Homebrew Club is having a Rye throwdown next month so I decide, since I like Rye whiskey, I'll brew one.

I browse HTB looking for recipes that appeal to me, and find a couple worth doing. I order up a variety of grains to help me do that, including Rye malt, flaked Rye, some Munich, Special B, some Crystal, a couple others.

Sitting here last night I CANNOT find the recipes I originally used to buy the grain, hops and yeast. Not bookmarked, not printed off. Now I have a lot of ingredients and no recipe that comes even close to the things I have.

Don't do that.

Local Homebrew Club is having a Rye throwdown next month so I decide, since I like Rye whiskey, I'll brew one.

I browse HTB looking for recipes that appeal to me, and find a couple worth doing. I order up a variety of grains to help me do that, including Rye malt, flaked Rye, some Munich, Special B, some Crystal, a couple others.

Sitting here last night I CANNOT find the recipes I originally used to buy the grain, hops and yeast. Not bookmarked, not printed off. Now I have a lot of ingredients and no recipe that comes even close to the things I have.

Don't do that.

Search your browser history?

I've been doing that but the order was on Feb 15 so I have to go back to there or the day before.

Great idea, though.

You can search the history for a term, like "rye" and hope it's in the thread title somewhere. Or, yes go to that date.

I'm sure you'll be bookmarking more thoroughly, which can create its own problems, when you have thousands of them...

You can search the history for a term, like "rye" and hope it's in the thread title somewhere. Or, yes go to that date.

I'm sure you'll be bookmarking more thoroughly, which can create its own problems, when you have thousands of them...

No joy.

I've found some threads from that time which have elements of what I was looking for, such as yeasts, but no specific recipes that relate to what I bought.

No joy.

I've found some threads from that time which have elements of what I was looking for, such as yeasts, but no specific recipes that relate to what I bought.

I've been using the Chrome extension "History 2" to get some handle on managing and browsing the history. It's still not great, though. And each time you invoke a link it jumps back to the first page. Oh, developers... you can't afford not to hire me!

BTW, I love the recent developments to the site. We've collectively turned into alpha testers overnight!

Don't do that! :D

Decide to taste the concentrated bittering charge (1 oz @ 13.2% AA boiled for 45 in half a gallon filtered water) you whipped up for a little R&D. It is unspeakably foul and bitters your whole upper GI tract until SWMBO suggests some nice, acidic lemonade to cancel it out. Don't do that!

Buy a digital refractometer that measures salinity because you weren't paying attention whilst Amazoning and then measure your wort and then spend a good chunk of your brew day trying to figure out how you hit 109% efficiency. Don't do that!

Get called out as a cheater on a contest and try to deflect your guilt onto an established member.

Don't do that.

Also...

Make huge mess out of a contest thread. Don't do that.

:eek:

Now, PM an apology to the one running the contest and ask to be removed from the runnings? Do that. Definitely do that.

Run a contest thread for nearly a month, receive over 5000 entries, get everyone all excited for the winners to be drawn on a Friday..... and then close the thread and say sooooorrrryyyy... Gonna have to wait till Mondaaaaaay! DON'T DO THAT!

Not really impactful but...

Decided to brew (do that!) and get out the grains, mill, drill, etc. Run all the grains through the mill and...not crushed. Nothing. Tinker with the gap and re-run...nothing. Get pissed because this defies logic and start thinking of going to the HBS to use their mill.

Light bulb does off and you take drill out of "reverse"

Mill grains and go about brew day as normal!

Not really impactful but...

Decided to brew (do that!) and get out the grains, mill, drill, etc. Run all the grains through the mill and...not crushed. Nothing. Tinker with the gap and re-run...nothing. Get pissed because this defies logic and start thinking of going to the HBS to use their mill.

Light bulb does off and you take drill out of "reverse"

Mill grains and go about brew day as normal!

:confused:, is there a gap between the rollers and the hopper on your mill that let the grain fall through when the main roller was turning in reverse? Or am I being trolled and to tired/dumb to pick up on it? Cause I've done this same thing before and all that happened was the grain didn't go anywhere until I realized my error.

:confused:, is there a gap between the rollers and the hopper on your mill that let the grain fall through when the main roller was turning in reverse? Or am I being trolled and to tired/dumb to pick up on it? Cause I've done this same thing before and all that happened was the grain didn't go anywhere until I realized my error.

My thoughts exactly.

Brew on :mug:

Yes, the grain dropped down but didn't mill.

Wake your 3 month old while prepping a starter and boiling over because pot is way too small. Any suggestions to clean the burnt stuff off the glass stove top?

A good soaking helps. Whatever is left, use a razor blade to scrape all of it off, then polish it with your ceramic stovetop compound. It will be OK.

Strange enough, they warn you that burnt sugar can pit a glass top, but I have never seen it happen. Maybe if it burns in long enough.

a baking soda paste and let it sit is the cheaper than glass top cleaner and pretty effective. I second the razor blade scrape. I have also found that bathroom cleaner tends to cut through cooked on crap pretty well (at least in my experience with a coil stove)

Back