D'oh! Turn CO2 on to get beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekknoschtev

Reaction score
I've been enjoying my pale ale brew for a while, but for the last week or two its been dispensing very slowly. I've been dreading pulling it and trying to fix what I assumed was a clog in the dip tube - though I didn't see how there could be a clog. I tried swapping taps, and the new one was slow as well so I knew it was something specific to the keg.

Then yesterday, I was looking at the 4-way manifold. 1,2, and 4 were all on. Wait... this is keg 3... D'oh. Flip the valve, and suddenly I hear the hiss of gas going into the keg. Moments later, the beer starts flowing as expected! :ban:

Fortunately, it was an easy solution that didn't involve moving my beer to another keg. BACK IN BUSINESS!

I've been enjoying my pale ale brew for a while, but for the last week or two its been dispensing very slowly. I've been dreading pulling it and trying to fix what I assumed was a clog in the dip tube - though I didn't see how there could be a clog. I tried swapping taps, and the new one was slow as well so I knew it was something specific to the keg.

Then yesterday, I was looking at the 4-way manifold. 1,2, and 4 were all on. Wait... this is keg 3... D'oh. Flip the valve, and suddenly I hear the hiss of gas going into the keg. Moments later, the beer starts flowing as expected! :ban:

Fortunately, it was an easy solution that didn't involve moving my beer to another keg. BACK IN BUSINESS!

Talk about a "Cripes, I am a *******" moment... (no offense intended, I've done it myself :D)

Back