Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A really good friend of my wife just took her lab in a few weeks ago cuz he could stand. Turns out that before she had adopted him some d-bag had shot him in the shoulder with a bb and it had eventually wedged itself in and tore up his shoulder joint. People are the worst.

sorry to hear about that kev. I guess we were fortunate that none of these were placed where they could cause damage. How is he recovering? I take it they had to remove that one?

sorry to hear about that kev. I guess we were fortunate that none of these were placed where they could cause damage. How is he recovering? I take it they had to remove that one?

He seems to be fine now. I dont know if they had to remove it or if he was injured as part of it naturally removing (see, tearing) its way out.

We took one of the dogs to WY with us to see the Eclipse. She was unimpressed!

IMG_3819[6710].jpg

I think Target...It's just a baby gate. They have ones that you can open with your foot at Pet Smart, but I think bigger dogs will be able to open those

I think Target...It's just a baby gate. They have ones that you can open with your foot at Pet Smart, but I think bigger dogs will be able to open those

Ya, we have a puppy black lab who looks like he is only a smidge bigger than yours right now. And that dog has POWER. I think I may need to invest in a wrought iron gate :D

So the news that Michael Vick now gets a news job with Fox after being a coach with the Chiefs just about sent me over the edge. That son of a ***** needs to get into an octagon with a professional MMA fighter, just to see what it's like Azzhole!! Oh, and when you lose, get beat to death by slamming you on the floor repeatedly you ****ing bastard! **** Fox and **** the NFL for this to happen!!

Long time since I posted since...life. Zeus, the GIANT heart worm positive dog I adopted is 2 weeks into the actual arsenic part of the treatment. He is doing mostly well but after the initial lack of interest in everything (5 days) keeping him inactive and calm with three other dogs is as challenging as one would expect.

Oddly, despite a very aggressive diet (about twice what he would get as an adult) he is not gaining wight even before the treatment. Not concerned yet...but will be soon. At 108 #'s he is about 12 below optimal.

On the plus side...great bedtime cuddlier...even if he is all bony.

Long time since I posted since...life. Zeus, the GIANT heart worm positive dog I adopted is 2 weeks into the actual arsenic part of the treatment. He is doing mostly well but after the initial lack of interest in everything (5 days) keeping him inactive and calm with three other dogs is as challenging as one would expect.

Oddly, despite a very aggressive diet (about twice what he would get as an adult) he is not gaining wight even before the treatment. Not concerned yet...but will be soon. At 108 #'s he is about 12 below optimal.

Good news and thanks for the update.
I'm just gonna point out that at 108# that's not a bedtime cuddlier........that's a bed hog!!

Good news and thanks for the update.
I'm just gonna point out that at 108# that's not a bedtime cuddlier........that's a bed hog!!

Still a bit smaller (weight, not size) than the other great cuddler in the house...his 115# St Bernard sister.

Thanks for the update Onk. Odd that he didn't gain weight with that much food. Keep us posted, I look forward to seeing a picture of him post treatment when he's sitting at 120 lbs and living the good life!

I think I figured it out...he is shedding more that my Pyrenees mix so he is lossing about 3#s of hair a day.

img_20170908_171610_01-68364.jpg

Here's Gino. The wife had a photographer come by to take some family photos and since I don't think he has much longer I had her take some shots of him. He is a retired law enforcement canine that retired due to a spinal fusion condition but he has since developed bone cancer. You can kind of see the softball sized tumor on the right side of his skull. Doc said he has 2 to 6 months about 2 months ago so we are taking it day by day.

Somehow he still manages to destroy my house on a near daily basis.

You're dogs are so pretty. I adopted a dog from the street a couple of month ago and he is the cutest dog ever. Behaves very good and I'm so happy I found him (or he found me)

Jack is not feeling good. Infections, swollen intestines, and possible kidney infection. Vet has to do IVs and he doesn't want to eat. Hit him like a ton of bricks Thursday.

Back