Does this CO2 tank look suitable for kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandhopper

Reaction score
Hey - sorry - I am totally new to kegging, so throwing this out there for you experienced ones... I just came across this ad at my local craigslist when I was looking for a CO2 tank for my upcoming kegging system.

It's a very good price and looks like good shape, but I wonder about the green painted color on the top, does that indicate any specific rating/purpose for the tank making it not suitable for beer dispensing? Anyone else have a identical tank to these? The connectors look like the normal ones you'd get from kegworks or similar right?

Thanks for any opinions :mug:

Probably fine, althought that guy probably has no idea what hes selling as CO2 tanks and Oxygen tanks have different fittings so you dont/cant acidentally fill forexample a diving tank with C02 and send someone to a grizzly death :p

Looks ok, just double check the size of the threading.

Hey - sorry - I am totally new to kegging, so throwing this out there for you experienced ones... I just came across this ad at my local craigslist when I was looking for a CO2 tank for my upcoming kegging system.

It's a very good price and looks like good shape, but I wonder about the green painted color on the top, does that indicate any specific rating/purpose for the tank making it not suitable for beer dispensing? Anyone else have a identical tank to these? The connectors look like the normal ones you'd get from kegworks or similar right?

Thanks for any opinions :mug:

That's an oxygen tank, if you wanted to use a standard CO2 regulator you would have to buy an adapter for it. CO2 tanks have male threads, this one has female.

I'm just curious as to why he needs to "immediately" sell these tanks for so cheap........

Nice - thanks for that observation - by the time I'd get the adapter and fill it up with CO2, it'd end up costing me the same as getting a prefilled bottle from the Gas Pro downtown :)

Back