Does my starter look ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitsuj80

Reaction score
This is my first starter for a Belgian Strong Ale that I will be brewing tomorrow. Does everything look good? I have had it in the fridge crashing for almost 24 hours after 48 hours of fermentation. It is Wyeasts 1388. Thanks

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

looks totally fine. I wouldnt decant anything thats not totally clear, just dump it all in. There's still a lot of yeast in suspension, as you can see from the color gradient from light to dark

I was thinking about dumping the whole thing in like mentioned. What do you guys think? Is that going to impart bad flavors since I used a stir plate or should I not worry about that because of the size of the starter?

I was thinking about dumping the whole thing in like mentioned. What do you guys think? Is that going to impart bad flavors since I used a stir plate or should I not worry about that because of the size of the starter?

dude 1800 ML into a 5 gallon batch of belgian strong ale?? You wont even know it was there. No taste difference. The yeast will clean up any oxidation from the starter during fermentation of the main batch.

Back