Does anyone know where to legally buy multiple sized Sanke kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AllHoppedUp said:
Okay, think of it this way. The keg I bought out of that lady's barn looked like it had been there for at least 10 years. If I hadn't bought it, it would still be sitting there and may never have seen the light of day - or beer - again. I did that keg a favor . . .

Maybe I'll change my handle to KegLiberator.

Ok, think of it this way. A guy starts a thread, and ask repeatedly for the grey area of keg ownership to not be discussed. He uses words like please, and has several attempts after his plea to remind people to give input about what the thread was about. Now, you have someone who either isn't reading what the original post was about and blindly posting at will (who I can forgive because "they" obviously aren't doing it on purpose since they didn't read), or maybe "they" are doing it on purpose to make them self feel better about the grey area (that, once again was pleaded to not even come up through the conversation on this thread). Please, I ask you to answer this question. "What kind of person is this, and what business does he have responding to a thread with anti-knowledge?" And......yes, I think I am feeling the very start of anger. I can't stop you from posting, and I can't stop you from being "however you are being." I can tell you that you are absolutely no help and that "I" wish you would stop. Thank you, and if I am not being clear enough, just assume that me not responding to you means exactly what I have just said above and try not to take it in a bad way.:(

P.S. You should probably call yourself the ThreadLiberator.

wortmonger said:
And......yes, I think I am feeling the very start of anger. I can't stop you from posting, and I can't stop you from being "however you are being."
I doubt you will get much more. I'd PM a mod and close the thread.

That is a great idea. I wish I had thought about that as opposed to getting angry. It is just a shame people seem to have no respect, or don't read before applying their input.

wortmonger said:
And......yes, I think I am feeling the very start of anger. I can't stop you from posting, and I can't stop you from being "however you are being." I can tell you that you are absolutely no help and that "I" wish you would stop. quote]

Take it easy man - I wasn't trying to piss anyone off. I tried to be helpful - I personally don't have issues with buying old kegs out of barns. I'm not trying to make myself feel better about it becuase I don't feel bad about it in the first place. Clearly it's an ethical barrier you're not willing to cross but it was JUST A SUGGESTION.

My second post was just me having fun. You're frustrated that you can't find a "legal" place to score kegs - you read it - and it pissed you off. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread or anything like that. Just havin' a bit o' fun.

I apologize for my insensitivity and will dedicate the glass of saison before me to your health! Sorry dude!

Maybe everyone that has been responding with "other than legal issues" doesn't understand why I tried so hard to keep this thread about totally legal (can't be any doubt) kegs. There are other threads about the grey area of keg ownership (I feel like a repeating for the umph time) and I didn't want a debate about what was or wasn't legal/ethical. If you want a debate, post in those threads.

I responded to your first post and told you exactly that. Then you posted again with an example of exactly what I ask not to get information-wise. If you want a debate, I am sure this would be 5 pages long by now from people that haven't chimed in, that I am sure would be happy to debate with you. I guess maybe they have read this thread and respect what I was trying to ask, and didn't have any information, so they didn't post. I am a easy going guy, just very frustrated at making something so clear and getting black paint from some people to paint over it instead of windex to make it even more clear.

Tell you what, I am not mad at you per say. I will say this, I feel Germey was right in that this thread has nothing more to offer as long as I have to keep asking/begging for non-ethical information. Hopefully there is enough information for anyone wanting it like I did, and I will leave it to whatever from now on out. No more need for apologies from everyone that doesn't get what I was trying to ask, maybe I am the one that needs to be sorry.

Back to the topic, have you spoken with anyone at any local breweries (not BMC) and discussed the possibility of getting in on an order with them? Not sure how often the would be ordering, but it seems like a lot or breweries will allow piggy backing grain orders....

Just a thought.

They use Microstar Keg Management. As for grain, I would ask, but not expect much. We had a LHBS that actually bought the grain from the brewery so we got great deals. That was a different town and a different time. Lubbock lost their HBS and that deal ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back