Does anyone carve pumpkins?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't, as I'm not usually trusted with sharp objects. :D

I love yours, though! I know you have a pumpkin obsession, and those came out great. I really like the "sideways" one.

Did you buy some pie pumpkins to make food items? I actually made pumpkin cookies for my friends camp weekend, but he's allergic to nuts so I used dark chocolate chips in them. They were really great, as I do a caramel-type frosting. I almost never make cookies- I had to go to the store to buy flour and sugar- but my daughter and grandkids came over on Monday and were shocked to find that I had cookies on hand. Both grandsons looked at me rather suspiciously, like "Who ARE you?" :D

Love pumpkin carving. I did a good Yoda a few years ago but can't find a picture. Here are a couple from past Halloweens.

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

I've found that once carved my pumpkins don't last more than a day so I won't be carving until Halloween afternoon. Not sure what I'm going to carve this year but was thinking about Yoda again since Star Wars is a big deal again.

I saw a really cool death star pumpkin online during my search for inspiration.

I've seen that one it looks like it would take forever!! I usually like to drink a beer or two while I'm carving, but I don't think I would be able to stay sober with the amount of time that would take, haha.

I've never done a shaded one before mine are simple cut-through and that takes me long enough!

I love carving, but not sure I have the time. I actually am thinking about brewing a batch of beer and fermenting inside the pumpkin.

or maybe just hollow out a pumpkin, drill a hole and insert a spigot, and fill it with carbonated beer and have a pumpkin firkin. I'd combine the names and call it a "Pump-kin"! (Ha ha, I'm just kidding. I'd actually call it a "Fir-kin".

I've done the shaded before and they aren't as hard as you might think. I've even taken a drawing/photo and imported into Photoshop and created the "Pumpkin Masters" style template from scratch. Once you have the, the rest isn't too hard.

I love carving, but not sure I have the time. I actually am thinking about brewing a batch of beer and fermenting inside the pumpkin.

or maybe just hollow out a pumpkin, drill a hole and insert a spigot, and fill it with carbonated beer and have a pumpkin firkin. I'd combine the names and call it a "Pump-kin"! (Ha ha, I'm just kidding. I'd actually call it a "Fir-kin".

I've done the shaded before and they aren't as hard as you might think. I've even taken a drawing/photo and imported into Photoshop and created the "Pumpkin Masters" style template from scratch. Once you have the, the rest isn't too hard.

Beer? Who has time for that? Actually I am wishful for a serene brew day.

I've found that once carved my pumpkins don't last more than a day so I won't be carving until Halloween afternoon. Not sure what I'm going to carve this year but was thinking about Yoda again since Star Wars is a big deal again.

Keep carved pumpkins in the fridge when not on display & they'll last a lot longer. You can also cover parts without rind with plastic wrap to help keep it from drying out & shriveling so fast, keep an eye out for mold though.
Regards, GF.

Back