DLD Hampton Hotel Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floyd's blocked off 50 rooms for the event. The hotel stated that they wont need this many and will go to the "list". So if you are interested in staying there, call them and ask to be put on the waiting list.

Floyd's blocked off 50 rooms for the event. The hotel stated that they wont need this many and will go to the "list". So if you are interested in staying there, call them and ask to be put on the waiting list.

That's fantastic news, thanks. I had tried to reserve rooms on Sunday morning last year while checking out, and she said she couldn't enter the reservation yet but that she would put me in when the rooms became available.

I called to double check last week and they said that i was on the waiting list.... what?!
Sounds like FFF jumped the list and grabbed the majority of the rooms. oh well, i'm near the top so pretty confident.

That's fantastic news, thanks. I had tried to reserve rooms on Sunday morning last year while checking out, and she said she couldn't enter the reservation yet but that she would put me in when the rooms became available.

I called to double check last week and they said that i was on the waiting list.... what?!
Sounds like FFF jumped the list and grabbed the majority of the rooms. oh well, i'm near the top so pretty confident.

Just called and got my name added to the list, she said it is likely that a room would be available but they won't know until after DLD tickets go for sale and people start canceling their reservations or taking their names off the waiting list.

ridglens - you might want to book another hotel as a back up. I know the Marriott can be canceled up to 48hrs prior to arrival with no fee.

Just called and got my name added to the list, she said it is likely that a room would be available but they won't know until after DLD tickets go for sale and people start canceling their reservations or taking their names off the waiting list.

ridglens - you might want to book another hotel as a back up. I know the Marriott can be canceled up to 48hrs prior to arrival with no fee.

I may very well do that... though i think i will get in at the hampton, i was much further down last year and ended up getting extra rooms and turning some away. It sound like they actually haven't "sold" any of the rooms, except maybe to FFF, and that they'll jsut release/assign them when they want. they keep telling people they'll get in off of a "3 page" waiting list? somethin' fishy going on haha

Especially if FFF cancels some i think we are money, but a backup plan is always good, thanks man!

I may very well do that... though i think i will get in at the hampton, i was much further down last year and ended up getting extra rooms and turning some away. It sound like they actually haven't "sold" any of the rooms, except maybe to FFF, and that they'll jsut release/assign them when they want. they keep telling people they'll get in off of a "3 page" waiting list? somethin' fishy going on haha

Especially if FFF cancels some i think we are money, but a backup plan is always good, thanks man!

I've had a room booked for a couple months now. I used Hilton Honors points for it, so maybe try that if you have them?

Back