DIY Beer Line Cleaner (Ball Lock & Sanke Fittings)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadBrew

Reaction score
Took some pointers off the forum and adapted it a little to come up with the setup so I can clean both my sanke line and ball lock lines.

image-2889995982.jpg

image-3465352624.jpg

Nice. This is one reason I love HBT. I need to make a sankie line cleaner and after a quick search, here you have one. Could you post a parts list or some close up Picts? Thanks a ton for sharing.

Bigscience-

I started with a Sanke Stem and cut it down. Then I went to HD and bought a double PVC Compression fitting (found it around the elbows,couplers). One end went on sanke stem and the other end I put in a PVC bushing that had threads on the inside of it. After that I got a male NPT to Barb Brass fitting and screwed it in. Works awesome. I will post some pics.

Thanks. I went to the hardware store and showed them the picture and they helped me find what I needed. To help others out here's what it all cost:

3/4 Dressler coupler (used to slice PVC) - $4.99
3/4 x 1/2 FPT bushing - $0.79
1/2 MPT x 1/4 Barb - $1.79

image-1168199596.jpg

image-3642978200.jpg

I had the spear laying around from a keg conversion. I'm going to run hose between this adapter and a Cornie disconnect so I can use my same ball lock line cleaner set up or recirculator pump setup. Thanks again for posting this idea. I'd have never come up with this on my own.

Glad you found it all. That's what it's all about helping each other out. Cheers, you owe me a beer!

You generally get one when you convert a keg to a Keggle. Maybe ask a friend if they have one laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Can someone please explain to me how the original also does ball lock? I see the sanke stem in the pictures, but don't see how you can also use with ball lock

Well. it doesn't. The OP added a pin lock fitting, which does...pin locks, not ball locks.

But if you look at that post all he did was put a barb on a pin lock post. You can do the same with a ball lock post, I have a bunch of kegging bits with ball lock posts on them...

Cheers!

Well. it doesn't. The OP added a pin lock fitting, which does...pin locks, not ball locks.

But if you look at that post all he did was put a barb on a pin lock post. You can do the same with a ball lock post, I have a bunch of kegging bits with ball lock posts on them...

Cheers!

ok, thanks. I was confused, because the title of the post is " DIY Beer Line Cleaner (Ball Lock & Sanke Fittings)"

Hello Deadbrew, In Sept 2013 you posted a picture of a creation of yours that lets you hook your line cleaner to a pin lock post. I have been trying to make the exact same thing but have had trouble finding the parts to do it, can you post the name of each part you used to accomplish that? I have 4 pin lock taps and what you made would make my cleaning procedure a snap.

Thanks,

Back