Distillers Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaG79

Reaction score
Since I messed up and used the wrong type of yeast should I ferment at a higher temp than 70 degrees or should I keep it at the current temperature?

We need a lot more information than this to answer the question. I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

I used distillers yeast to make a mead like beer without any nutrients

Distillers yeast is pretty nasty. Ferment it as low in temp as possible to keep it active. It's not too late to add nutrients if you think you need to.

Come to think of it, you might be better off re-boiling it and pitching the correct yeast. FWIW I've never done this before. :cool:

I am going to stick with the low temp fermenting it doesn’t seem to have the nasty taste that everyone is talking about so I am gonna see what happens thanks for the feedback I greatly appreciate it

I will be buying some regular yeast tho and well I live in the middle of nowhere so I might be able to use the distillers for well you know lol

Back