Dissolved Oxygen Meter Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba-brewer

I'm not Zog, I'm Leroi
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The price of a DO has had me dragging my feet in buying one and the fact most of the early LODO post seem to say folks stopped using them after a short time did not help. I was looking at the low end Milwaukee MW600, @Schlenkerla posted information on his smart sensor DO meter what seems to be a nice lower cost solution to bigger name brands. At about $100 from amazon this close to half the price.

I like the price but can't seem to find replacement membranes. I see the name brands have replacements for about half the price of the smart sensor but I think they are interchangeable. Beable to get replacment membranes seem like an important feature.

How important is being able to get replacement membranes?

I see the smart sensor has the ability to save altitude information and salinity information where the milwaukee MW600 does not.

How important is altitude and salinity to brewing if you will be using the meter in one location?

Some of the smart sensor meters don't come with electrolyte solution, can you use solution from other vender?

smart sensor meter
https://www.amazon.com/KKmoon-Disso...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3RZHNP68CSHMKG33HTT7

Milwaukee MW600
https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Ec...ukee+mw600&qid=1583002326&s=hi&sr=1-1-catcorr

Last edited:
I think the electrolyte solution for meters using the same measuring principle should be compatible but I just don't know for sure.

Finding a cap/membrane that fits correctly seem very important as you would not want to leak electrolyte solution in your beer. An improper fit would also make the measurements questionable too.

Back