dimensions of stout faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlytimes

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out here. At the moment, I only have one perlick faucet, but I plan to get a stout faucet soon. The problem is, I want to drill the holes in my refrigerator now for the perlick I have. I want to drill the holes as high as possible without the freezer door bumping into the handle when it is installed. I am assuming the stout faucet handle will be higher than the other perlick faucet handles, but I can't find the dimensions of the stout faucet anywhere. I will likely buy a faucet that looks like this:
4108.jpg

can someone please give me the dimensions from the center of the shank that will go through the fridge to the bottom of where the tap handle will be once screwed on?

Thanks!

bumpity-bump

please? Surely someone has a stout faucet, a tape measure, and the desire to help out a fellow home-brewer. Thanks in advance.

bump.
bump.

uh, how about this: just give me a rough estimate. Like "three finger widths taller than a regular faucet", or "about the length of a midget's thumb and forefinger stacked end to end". I'll take anything. please?

Print out pic of stout faucet.
Measure shank size on drawing.
Recalculate the size of the drawing. The shank on both your perlick and the stout faucet are the same size. either scale the drawing or figure out the conversion factor.

measure drawing for height from the shank.

that should be good enough for your estimate.

B

brilliant!

Now, why didn't I think of that? I'm very disappointed in myself.:(

Thank you for this idea. I shall soon have my estimate.:mug:

in case anyone else was interested, I thought I'd follow up on this.
faucetcompare.jpg

as you can see from the tiny image I created, the stout faucet is about 8 inches. the shank thread is about 1 inch. this means about 3.75 inches from the center of the shank shaft to where the bottom of the handle would rest. with a 2.5 inch standard black tap handle, I can safely drill about 6" from the top of the fridge door given there is about a 1" space between the fridge and freezer doors.

I might fire up the hole saw this weekend...

Back