Diet Root Beer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
So, I want to make some root beer for my little cousins, but 2 of them are Diabetic, so i was wondering if anybody has a recipe for diet root beer?

The problem with diet home made rootbeer is that if you don't keg and want to make it fizzy you need to add some sugar so the yeast have something to eat and to get proper carbonation in the 2 liter soda bottles.

You can probably buy a little bottle of the rootbeer pre mix and mix it with splenda and some champagne yeast, then add about 6oz of dextrose to a 4 gallon batch of soda to get it to carb up to the right level. It will have some sugar in it, but not to much.

the directions in my extract says that if you add ??XX?? amount of sugar, the yeast will eat it all up to carb and there won't be any residual sugar left to mess with the diabetics. I will check tonight and see what it says.

Well i was planning on kegging it to carb it for a picnic. I'd like to try my hand at making it from scratch rather then just using extract though

Back