Did I just score this on ebay for $10?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udt89

Reaction score
IKA Stirrer

It was listed with no bids at $10 so i threw a bid in with 4 hours left. Slept through the end and woke up and i still won. At first I thought maybe it was broken or it was just a part to the real stir plate.

But now I'm thinking I scored a pretty expensive stir plate for $20 shipped......guess we'll find out when it gets here.

i would say that with a stir plate and average gravity ale (below 1.060), 1000mL is about the average size. that seems to be what i normally make anyway.

what size stir stick do you recommend and flask size? got a good site to get them used? i was looking at labsurplus.com

not really sure about where to get the sticks, i lucked out and found a few at a lab i frequent, i think 2" is what i normally use and it works fine... and quite frankly, there are plenty of other vessels beside Erlenmeyer flasks that are perfectly good for starters. a growler, a glass wine/apple juice jug, etc. but if you are going to get a flask, i would go at least 2000 mL, that allows you some growing room if you decide to make a big ale. if you plan to get into lagers, you might consider 4 or 5k mL.

Latest posts

Back