Did I just commit saccharomyacide?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbienev

Reaction score
Never try and do beer tasks in a rush right? Well easier said than done sometimes with a 3 year old running around :)

So I brewed a Pilsner on Saturday. My ground water is 85 degrees right now so I chilled as far as I could and then let it come down to 50 overnight in the carboy.

Pitched this morning after oxygenating and before running out the door for the days family adventure. Just got home, checked on the beer and found to my chagrin that I forgot to put the airlock on! Basically I just left it capped for 9 hours.

There was a small amount of CO2 release when I pulled the cap and added the airlock.

Did I just intoxicate my yeasties with CO2 or can I hope that because it's a lager then the colder temp helped inhibit off gassing enough to get away with it this time?

Cheers,
Robbie

Oh I'm having a homebrew as I type :) Pils is my white whale of brewing thus far, but I'm hoping that third time's a charm.

Back