Desperados clone..... Hopefully

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
This is a small trial batch to see if I can clone desperados tequilla lager.

2 lbs lager malt
1 lbs wheat malt.

Mashed at 145f for 1.5 hours in 1.5 gallons on water.

0.5 oz of saaz 3.5% @60 mins.

I will add one small bottle of tquilla essence when sg hits about 1.012 and also add 2 tsp citric acid.
The one thing I cant find an answer to is if citric acid is fermentable but I guess I will find out.
If this works I will scale everyting to suit 5 gallon batch and repost.
Anybody have,any input on what they might think?

Cheers

Matt

Just wondering how you thought this turned out? Thinking of making a Desperado's clone with a Coopers Cerveza kit and then adding the tequila essence and citric acid at bottling. Do you think the amounts (of the essence and citric acid) you used turned out fairly authentic?

Hi! I've had a mate come back from Europe and is requesting a desperado beer! This thread is a few years back, any tips on how much tequila essence to use? Presuming I can get it from the spirit distiller shop here in NZ..
I also would use the coopers cerveza kits...

Just wondering how you thought this turned out? Thinking of making a Desperado's clone with a Coopers Cerveza kit and then adding the tequila essence and citric acid at bottling. Do you think the amounts (of the essence and citric acid) you used turned out fairly authentic?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back