Deschutes Black Butte Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrp3

Reaction score
I was at a conference in Reno this week and tried my first Deschutes Black Butte Porter. WOW! That is one awsome porter. :rockin: Probably the best I've ever had. Does anyone have a clone recipe? I would love to brew this beer, since my chances of getting the commercial version here on the Right Coast are probably slim to none.

This is the beer that started me on the road of decent beer. I have not seen a good clone recipe for it. Though I would be interested in making it as well.
Deschutes makes a very nice lineup. Their new IPA "Inversion" is very good also.

hell yeah thats good!

thats what i miss most about living in cali: lagunitas, hop-ottin on draught, deschuttes, the tomale lady, and umm...humbolt's.

My LHBS has an extract recipe that a guy at work makes. I've had it a few times and it's pretty close. Once I find it, I'll post it.

I am brewing an XX clone attempt based off the Jamil interview next weekend! Any tips? What mash temp did you go with?

BB porter is one of my favorite beers. My third batch ever was the BYO clone that varies considerably from the one android posted. I ittle thin, but still tasty.

I think the brewing network recipe is a great clone. This beer translates well to homebrewing. One of the best beers I've made, I went word for word on the recipe.

Back