Delta brewing systems ferm tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of these. Their customer support is amazing. I was able to use the dump valve to collect yeast in a non dry hopped lager after it was transferred. The bottom drain also does make it very easy to clean with no lifting and dumping. Awesome all around.

I picked up 2 and just finished my 1st run with them. Prior to pulling the trigger I sent the company an email on a Saturday afternoon. To my surprise I received a reply from Mike with the company that evening.

I have zero experience with any other SS fermenters but I was extremely happy with how they performed. Prior to my decision to go with Delta I was looking at the SS brew bucket and dreaming of the Spike flex+. Wanting to grab 2 right of the bat the Flex+ was a 100% no go. It also would not fit in my current fridge I use as a ferm chamber. The selling point for me on the Delta line was the ability listed to pressure transfer.

The quality of the tanks looked good. I didn't notice any imperfections in the welds or the finish. Like others have said I plan on going easy on the handles when they are full. That being said I did carry them filled by the handles right off the bat from my garage to my basement. Figured I had to put them through a test while the chance at a replacement would be highest. From now on I plan to go easy on that part of them.

I did attempt to use the clean out port to dump some yeast at the end. I had roughly 5 oz of hops per fermenter (10 oz in a 10 gallon batch but uneven amounts could have went in each one). One of the 2 fermenters I was able to harvest from but it was a small mess. A hop/trub plug was being pushed out slowly but when it came loose I was not ready for the rate the yeast and remaining beer shot out. The second fermenter I couldn't get anything from. I'm sure you can find away to harvest yeast from them if you wanted to bad enough with some sterile water, tubing and a big syringe to irrigate the cleanout port.

Over all I'm happy with the tanks and would recommend them. The closed pressure kit worked great. Due to my fermenting chamber I had to use a gas port on the lower hole of the lid as a combo blow off tube than to add CO2 for the pressure transfer. Was a little worried about it at the start but it all worked out fine.

Attachments

• Delta PT.jpg
    Delta PT.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
Hey all,
I purchased this based on Brian's review from Short Circuit...It's fantastic conical esp at that price point. I own 2 grainfather conicals which are spectacular as well. The one caveat between Delta and GF is that the Delta has no heating option currently (though I did do what Brian did and use a heating pad). I can also say that @DBSMike is fantastic to deal with. I have it in my spare kegerator. I have emailed and also talked on the phone with him. Great guy and truly watches out for the lil guy. He called me asking if the additional Inkbird was a mistake or did I really want it.
The only other company I have had such great experience with is Clawhammer Supply. If these 2 companies got together to make a complete system, it would, no doubt, be the definitive market behemoth and I mean that it a great way!
My next purchase will be the glychol chiller from Delta...unless @DBSMike wants to lend me one to try HAHA.
Don't hesitate on this! I was going to buy another ferm from them, but they are all out!

I just received mine. I ordered last week, and it was delivered today, so they are in stock and they ship fast. When i decided on this, i was looking into the Catalyst, and the anvil brew bucket. I chose because the price point was the max that I wanted to spend at the time. Looking over the fermenter, the overall quality is pretty good. I have the anvil foundry for brewing, and while it doesn't appear to be as strong, I do not see any issues with its durability. the seals hold well, and the top definitely seals well. I don't harvest yeast, so the clean out port isn't an issue for me. I'm sure that once I dump trub out, ill be able to clean an rinse the fermenter easily. overall, i would say its a very good purchase for the money, as long as you know what u are getting and not expecting to harvest yeast or trub dump. its a step up from a brew bucket, a step down from a conical fermenter that has larger openings for trub dumping and yeast harvesting, and is priced accordingly. worth the purchasing imo, especially considering the quick shipping. Although the company is American, the fermenter is made in China, if this bothers you, then you should probably look for something else.

Back