Delerium Tremens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEMaine

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of trying this Belgian creation a week or so ago.

Nice golden color. Decent hops notes. Smooth finish. Very nice.

I was half way through a pint when I looked at the back of the bottle. 8.2%! Yowza! Never would have guessed by the color or flavour. Good thing SWMBO was driving! ;)

Definitely love the Delirium... neat touch on the bottles too with the stoneware (or whatever the heck its called) look. Definitely no light getting through those!

I prefer the Nocturnum, but both are great beers. Never had the Noel, but I saw the local Abbey Bar has some and I'll be trying it at some point! :)

I have had the Nocturn previously, but tried the Tremens for the first time tonight. Very good... I didnt get much in the way of hops, but I enjoyed the spice. Not sure if it is actual spice, or notes from the yeast. Very nice and dry. No harsh alcohol.

I have been enjoying Lagunitas - Were only in it for the money, and Westmalle triple, this is maybe as good or better.

I got burned by the Tremens. I didn't know it was bottled conditioned and got a bunch of little floaties when I poured. It was good anyway. For a Belgian.

I had the pleasure of trying this Belgian creation a week or so ago.

Nice golden color. Decent hops notes. Smooth finish. Very nice.

I was half way through a pint when I looked at the back of the bottle. 8.2%! Yowza! Never would have guessed by the color or flavour. Good thing SWMBO was driving! ;)

Try one of those and a La Fin du Monde back to back:mug:

Great story about the Tremens....

My father-in-law has been getting into better beer lately... Part of it, I'm sure is that he tries to keep up with me, and try stuff that I like/make... Well, he stepped it up too farr, too fast with the DT!

I am ready to start my 11a-4p bartending shift a few weeks ago. My phone rings, and it's him. He was out golfing in the morning and stopped for a case of beer to relax too on this Saturday afternoon. He's babbling, stamering, and gushing about how good this Delerium is... Then I realize he's smashed! He drank 3 of them on an empty stomach without realizing how potent they were - light colored beer does not equal strong beer to the masses!

So my FiL basically drunk-dialed me to tell me about the DT, lol... Last time he came out, he brought a sixer of it for me, so that more than made up for it!!!

I love me some Tremmens too! Yes it will **** you up quickly if you are not careful. I had a few one night, and wow.

The highest ABV beer I have ever had was Dragonmead's Final Absolution @ 8.5%. 4 of those and you are good to go for the entire night.

I love me some Tremmens too! Yes it will **** you up quickly if you are not careful. I had a few one night, and wow.

The highest ABV beer I have ever had was Dragonmead's Final Absolution @ 8.5%. 4 of those and you are good to go for the entire night.

Well, Tremens is 9%, so technically the Final Absolution is second to that. :)

How can you possibly get any "work" done with that across the street calling to you? Huh???! :D

You want to talk rough? My coworker three cubes down has a fridge full of beer and he informed me another guy has a cold 6 pack of Deschutes Black Butte.

Must drink.

Ooh, I have a bottle of Alesmith Decadence sitting here too. Damnit.

You want to talk rough? My coworker three cubes down has a fridge full of beer and he informed me another guy has a cold 6 pack of Deschutes Black Butte.

Must drink.

Ooh, I have a bottle of Alesmith Decadence sitting here too. Damnit.

Gotta love beer at the office. ;)

Speaking of which, I should stop working soon so I can go try the double IPA that is on the seasonal tap at the brewpub up the road...

I have a delerium tremen tulip glass with the pink elephants on it, yet I've never even had that style beer. I would love to try it but the price of it at my local beer store is highway robbery.

Finally managed to run across a bottle of this at the beer store, and I cracked it open tonight to celebrate surviving a brutal few weeks at work.

Very nice BGSA. Not my favorite, but it ranks pretty high on my list.

I have a 750ml each of Noel and Nocturnum for Christmas and New Year's. Will see how those compare to the Tremens. :rockin:

Back