Definitive Washington DC visit thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You work at Ocelot now!? I think I'm stopping in this weekend. I'll be the dude with a 10 month old baby filling growlers.

Edit: Yes, I've already trained my girl on how to properly fill growlers. That weird?
Belated congrats on the kid (mine is 15 months old). We should plan some dad-friendly bottle shares, e.g. on the weekend, not at 6pm on a Thursday evening like the old Smoke and Barrel crew is wont to do these days, and bring your kid(s) for happy fun play time.

Belated congrats on the kid (mine is 15 months old). We should plan some dad-friendly bottle shares, e.g. on the weekend, not at 6pm on a Thursday evening like the old Smoke and Barrel crew is wont to do these days, and bring your kid(s) for happy fun play time.
Hell, I'm in! Weekends work best. brees6221's daughter is almost old enough to babysit. Then we can all have a few beers without worrying! ;)

Hell, I'm in! Weekends work best. brees6221's daughter is almost old enough to babysit. Then we can all have a few beers without worrying! ;)

It seems like just yesterday we were saying her bedtime prayers with her so we could go back downstairs and continue drinking, lol. Damn, she needs to stop growing up! We do need to put some drinking time on the calendar soon though...

UuElinM.jpg

the beer has landed in DC. who wants to come drink?

PS the boxes go to "X". ffs.

Well that didn't last long. I wonder how frequently, if at all, they'll be able to offer a list close to that.

There's too much cash floating around DC for bottles like that to last very long

Just hit up Sovereign on Saturday and had a Fou Foune. DC importing laws (or lack there of) really make this beer hobby even better! By the way thanks for sharing that Ocelot anny post. Definitely hope to make it to that

Will be in DC next weekend. Opening this thread was a mistake...
I'd definitely check out Right Proper if you have time. They are doing some great things with low ABV yeast driven beer. I feel like the quality has dipped slightly since the Bluejacket guy took over the pub operations, but they are still my favorite local brewery by a mile.

Golden Brown Delicious is open (owned by NRG, who owns/operates Churchkey, Rustico, Bluejacket, etc). They should have 1-2 Tired Hands beers on tap and some other decent stuff. It's a couple blocks from Pizza Paradiso on the south side of the circle.

*edit. sorry, they're actually not open on Fridays for some reason*

Last edited:
4 blocks east is ChurchKey, not sure what time they open.

They don't open until 4
Yeah... I found that a couple places I was considering were not open until 4/5pm today.
Golden Brown Delicious is open (owned by NRG, who owns/operates Churchkey, Rustico, Bluejacket, etc). They should have 1-2 Tired Hands beers on tap and some other decent stuff. It's a couple blocks from Pizza Paradiso on the south side of the circle.

*edit. sorry, they're actually not open on Fridays for some reason*
Good to know that this exists. Thanks!

There must be a sizable DC contingent here that wants to post about something other than hyping up the trade value of Aslin, right?

It's like Ocelot doesn't even exist now that Aslin has a crowler machine. Maybe pump the brakes on the hype train until they can't make enough to beer to last a weekend.

sometimes hype is deserved. **** this trade everything in tree house units mentality, but aslin was stunning in how good it was.

I like that they've had several iterations of the brewery thread to end-run the bros' asinine hard-and-fast rule that Virginia breweries need to be in the south-atlantic forum with florida or whatever and can't be included in a thread about dc/Maryland. fkn absurd

It's just average to bad but they charge more than any other local brewery so I have a bone to pick.

Just got back from the rar dank day. Hyde is f'n righteous

i am an avowed dc brau fan tho. yeah, they aren't innovating, but their beer is good to acceptably solid, and it's everywhere. i'll take corruption or public or brau pils on tap over the standard being brooklyn lager or sixpoint whatever in nyc.

DC Brau knows exactly what kind of brewery they want to be and have been very successful because of it. Solid takes on classic styles that anyone can appreciate. I probably drink more Brau Pils than any other local beer.

3 Stars is aggravating because they're constantly referring to themselves as a "boutique" brewery and talking about how extreme their beers are. The execution just isn't there, but I guess if you say something often enough, people will believe it.

brau pils is ****ing awesome. legitimately my favorite pils I've ever had.

I also really like OTWOA (anyone know if it was recently canned) and The Corruption.

Today might be the day I brave the beltway traffic and drive out to Aslin. Neutrino and Ontario sound too good to pass up.

brau pils is ****ing awesome. legitimately my favorite pils I've ever had.

I also really like OTWOA (anyone know if it was recently canned) and The Corruption.

Since I was in the area, I picked up the variety 6 pack of collaboration beers from DC Brau at Rodman's yesterday, which includes 1 OTWOA. They teamed up with Cigar city, Perennial, Sun King, Port City and Austin Beerworks. Anybody have any favorites from this bunch so far?

Since I was in the area, I picked up the variety 6 pack of collaboration beers from DC Brau at Rodman's yesterday, which includes 1 OTWOA. They teamed up with Cigar city, Perennial, Sun King, Port City and Austin Beerworks. Anybody have any favorites from this bunch so far?

the cigar city stout and the celestial garden (Austin I think) are both awesome.

Latest posts

Back