Dealer steals back a truck they sold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, the legal costs will ring up too high unless some lawyer is willing to do it pro-bono to make a name for themself.

This reminds me of a case that happened in my hometown: A lady's car was stolen one night. She got the insurance check and went to buy a new car. She really liked her car so she went looking for the same one. She found one at a large dealership that reminded her of the stolen car, so she took it for a test drive. While driving it, she found a tube of lipstick stuck in the seat that she knew was hers. When she got back she called the police who investigated and confirmed that it was her car, just painted and with the mileage changed. Turns out the dealership had a history of stealing cars and selling them.

The guy who owned the dealership was also busted for charges ranging from cocaine distribution to - get this - trying to hire someone to kill his son because he was sleeping with the son's girlfriend!

As for the police investigation, the DA says this is a civil case, not a criminal case. He says Kieselhorst is free to take the dealer to court -- something he's now seriously considering.

I don't understand? If you sign a contract then pay in full for something, then get the keys how is it a civil matter? That's grand theft auto?

The guy who owned the dealership was also busted for charges ranging from cocaine distribution to - get this - trying to hire someone to kill his son because he was sleeping with the son's girlfriend![/QUOTE said:
Good times!

That is a load of crap! I hate car salesman. My brother is a car salesman. (What is that thing about the transitive property?) :D

Latest posts

Back