De Garde Keeper's Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but apparently the beer hasn't aged well. I haven't tried it in ages so I'll have to give it a go sometime soon and see how it's doing.

Busy with the kid, turns one on Sunday. Miss my PDX guys, I'll be down over thanksgiving to hike Mt. Hood and hit up Upright/Great Notion and Screen Door of course!
Bahahahaha
Kids.
Lindsey is not a fan. :) don't take it to de garde.

Anyway, congrats! It's been a while, and you're always welcome here. Let me know when you're back in town, you always have a place to crash... for you and the whole family. You're good people. :)

SocalKicks, LSUPT, and I drank both batches of The Peach side by side yesterday (b1 on the right, b2 on the left):

aviary-image-1480017376817.jpeg

Honestly, they taste like completely different beers. b1 still had a good amount of the fruit character, but as others have stated, the barrel character was fantastic. b2 is dominated entirely by a fuzzy peach skin fruit profile and a soft finish (and not much barrel). Both great beers, but definitely different.

JulianB I came across your untappd checkin for cherry gose when i was looking for a uhh, similar opinion. "Acetone, modeling glue, red wine vinegar" was my bottle as well. we had to dump it. you opened another and it was different? i am curious if anyone else has experienced a way way off cherry gose. i can't imagine this is how the beer is supposed to taste and smell.

JulianB I came across your untappd checkin for cherry gose when i was looking for a uhh, similar opinion. "Acetone, modeling glue, red wine vinegar" was my bottle as well. we had to dump it. you opened another and it was different? i am curious if anyone else has experienced a way way off cherry gose. i can't imagine this is how the beer is supposed to taste and smell.
My Cherry Gose from a few nights ago was a ****ing bottle of band aids. Insta-drain pour.

We've opened 3 so far, the first was the worst, 2nd was better but I didn't really enjoy it, 3rd was another drainpour.

I agree, but apparently the beer hasn't aged well. I haven't tried it in ages so I'll have to give it a go sometime soon and see how it's doing.

Rumours of this beer's demise have been greatly exaggerated. I cracked a B1 The Peach on Thanksgiving and it was great. The cognac had mostly faded but the peach flavor was delicious.

Question about Lee Kriek batches. The b1 was a bottle that I recall having back in the summer of 2014 and enjoying but not being blown away with. Then on two different occasions in 2015 I had a bottle of Lee Kriek onsite at DG that was just insane. It tasted as if the ABV had been increased as well, although I could be mistaken. Trying to track down that bottle now and noticed there was an ABV difference between the two batches on untappd, but apparently the b1 was higher.

Just trying to figure out how to identify the batches.

degardebrewing ?

Question about Lee Kriek batches. The b1 was a bottle that I recall having back in the summer of 2014 and enjoying but not being blown away with. Then on two different occasions in 2015 I had a bottle of Lee Kriek onsite at DG that was just insane. It tasted as if the ABV had been increased as well, although I could be mistaken. Trying to track down that bottle now and noticed there was an ABV difference between the two batches on untappd, but apparently the b1 was higher.

degardebrewing ?

b1 is 8.4 abv, and font is larger on label.

degardebrewing ?
Trade you a b2 Lee Kriek for Lente...

degardebrewing ?
b1 is 8.4 abv, and font is larger on label.
This, and to further clarify, lower abv. for batch two as I recall. Glad you dug it. I liked #2 better as well, though we may be in the minority.

That beer does not age well if you ask me.

I think the darker berry beers that they make age like champions though.

Last edited:
Anyone going to dg today, tomorrow, etc... :)
Hit me up, will share some wicked weed and an ad idem I just got in nc...

I love that they have a keg of get radical! I'd love to hear the story behind that. Brandon and Simon are great guys!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back