De Garde Keeper's Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Light on the fruit this time around though.

giphy.gif

Sounds like people were dicks to Linsey just like they were to her over the keepers memberships.

I heard that the incessant emails and phone calls about bottle allotments and proxies were pretty ugly, too.

i can imagine responding ad nauseam to these types of inquiries can get pretty tiresome real quick. they probably thought they were past the worst of it when they ended keepers. but oh, you wanna try to do a two-day ticketed event where tickets are only sold in person? we will make it awful for you!

i can imagine responding ad nauseam to these types of inquiries can get pretty tiresome real quick. they probably thought they were past the worst of it when they ended keepers. but oh, you wanna try to do a two-day ticketed event where tickets are only sold in person? we will make it awful for you!

Which is why we can't have nice things.

People are the worst.

I've rented a house in Arch Cape with some friends for every anniversary party so far. Think we're gonna do the same this year regardless, for surfing and general fun. The only question is, which weekend is more likely to perhaps have some low-key, unannounced anniversary festivities happening? April 29-30, or May 6-7? I'd guess the former based on past years.

I've rented a house in Arch Cape with some friends for every anniversary party so far. Think we're gonna do the same this year regardless, for surfing and general fun. The only question is, which weekend is more likely to perhaps have some low-key, unannounced anniversary festivities happening? April 29-30, or May 6-7? I'd guess the former based on past years.

Hang on, 30 of my mules friends and I will call and ask.

Hang on, 30 of my mules friends and I will call and ask.

"Hi, i know you aren't having a party, but are you going to be releasing any special bottles or having any sort of event like a party? I live in Northern California and don't want to make the 14 hour drive unless I know I can get some bottles."

Drinking beers at the brewery is stupid. I just want bottles.

To drink. Later. That's it. Yeah....

Honestly, last yr, I was mainly excited to bring some friends to the anny party, friends that don't normally drink beers like dG's offerings, and some that don't really drink beer, generally. They loved the experience, they really enjoyed many of the beers, and I was hoping for a repeat, but yeah, I guess we can't have nice things cuz #shitlords gonna ****. Oh well, suppose I can just round up people and head down there on some rando weekend – the onsite list seems to always be solid.

Heyo! I'm coming up for my bachelor party this month. I'll be at DG on 4/20, right around opening, probably all day. Hit me up if your around. Do they allowing sharing?

Heyo! I'm coming up for my bachelor party this month. I'll be at DG on 4/20, right around opening, probably all day. Hit me up if your around. Do they allowing sharing?
They have a ton of beers, in bottles and on tap, to drink onsite, guest taps too, probably should do your bottle share at home. Have fun!

Previous response is 100% accurate, and there will definitely be more good beer than you can drink available, but I would add:

People bring in bottles occasionally and it's usually cool to drink them there, as long as (as per Oregon law) a bartender opens the bottle for you. So, if you've got a special bottle or two, that will likely be alright. If you're planning to have a full-on bottle share: PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. You will make Matt and Anne's lives hell.

Previous response is 100% accurate, and there will definitely be more good beer than you can drink available, but I would add:

People bring in bottles occasionally and it's usually cool to drink them there, as long as (as per Oregon law) a bartender opens the bottle for you. So, if you've got a special bottle or two, that will likely be alright. If you're planning to have a full-on bottle share: PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. You will make Matt and Anne's lives hell.
I weep for the person that wants to have a full on bottle share at de Garde.

They have a ton of beers, in bottles and on tap, to drink onsite, guest taps too, probably should do your bottle share at home. Have fun!

Right on guys, thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about just bringing a treat or two to share with the crew there, or if any TBer's were around. Cheers!

Hey all.

I'm sure this might have been asked before but I'm still new-ish to the site.

Does anyone in the thread live very close to the brewery? Like it would be an easy, not out of the way stop for you.

I'm a huge Jackie O's guy and I'm wondering if anyone could GPIUFMB on the collab beer they did. That is if it's still available. I can do $ and label or do a swap for any Ohio/Midwest beers you might be wanting to get your hands on. Or I can offer lifelong friendship.

I'm not looking for a big ship, just seriously a bottle or two to try.

Hopefully this isn't too much to ask. Anyway, thanks gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back