de Garde Glassware Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone happens to have an extra of that stoneware tho...

The brewery has them still. All it takes is a local to grab an extra when they make their trip. As I say this, I still don't have one (or the lambic tumbler) so what do I know. I've gotten some offers via a few other sites but most are asking for Cycle bottles or VR and all I can do is laugh and add those folks to my personal dnt list.

The brewery has them still. All it takes is a local to grab an extra when they make their trip. As I say this, I still don't have one (or the lambic tumbler) so what do I know. I've gotten some offers via a few other sites but most are asking for Cycle bottles or VR and all I can do is laugh and add those folks to my personal dnt list.
Didn't realize they weren't sold out yet, thanks! Yeah, can't say I haven't noticed a huge difference in this hobby- mainly over the past 2 years. Much less community oriented and way too many people looking to make a profit. Definitely still some great people, just fewer and harder to find. Thanks again for the info.

We'll be continually bringing in the tumblers and the ceramics. We hope everyone digs them. Please don't support massive secondary/grey pricing or trades. The prices are visible on our Facebook page (higher than we'd like of course, but expensive to us as well!).

Man those are killer. I did a trade here with someone local but we didn't do feedback and I deleted our message thread... Faaaaaaaaaaack.

DG 2017 Keepers glass
yiiwNRO.png

DG 2017 Premier Keepers glass
53A5uqo.png

no one posted a pic of the other new deGarde glass. the "tall glass" it's kinda like this, only more angular and the stem is fairly ornate (and obviously has deGarde logo). I can post a pic later this evening but since photobucket went away, don't have a hosting site.

flute-glass.jpg

no one posted a pic of the other new deGarde glass. the "tall glass" it's kinda like this, only more angular and the stem is fairly ornate (and obviously has deGarde logo). I can post a pic later this evening but since photobucket went away, don't have a hosting site.

flute-glass.jpg
is this the same as the 3rd anniversary glass or does it looks more "elegant"?

that new? Looks like the vina diamond, but the stem seems thin and the glass seems so pronounced...could just be I'm not used to seeing the glass photographed well.

edit: or is that the new keepers?

I dont think it's the new keepers glass. The 2017 keepers glasses looks more like the Rastal Harmony 35/53 (unsure of size yet).

that new? Looks like the vina diamond, but the stem seems thin and the glass seems so pronounced...could just be I'm not used to seeing the glass photographed well.

edit: or is that the new keepers?

It's a new glass; brand is Zalto, type is the Bordeaux model. I heard of some talk that it may be used for a Keepers run but even wholesale it goes for 50-60

but you know everyone will be ISO.

It's so ugly that it's pretty. Ugly-pretty.

I think it's pretty awesome looking...I am surprised though that it has quickly become the most valuable of the deGarde glasses with sales north of $100 on facebook glass groups. Last years zwanze glass was available for weeks after zwanze and no one seemed to care about it. Go figure...

It's a new glass; brand is Zalto, type is the Bordeaux model. I heard of some talk that it may be used for a Keepers run but even wholesale it goes for 50-60

So they aren't selling them there? Zaltos are SUPER fragile and expensive, seems like a bad idea to sell to the public because of the breaks just having them around the brewery for sale, but perhaps would make sense for the keepers premiere glass? Definitely interested in learning more details about this glass.

So they aren't selling them there? Zaltos are SUPER fragile and expensive, seems like a bad idea to sell to the public because of the breaks just having them around the brewery for sale, but perhaps would make sense for the keepers premiere glass? Definitely interested in learning more details about this glass.

I think it was done for a trial run with the intention of selling them there later? Zaltos are actually pretty strong despite how they look since they're also dishwasher safe. That being said, they are definitely expensive for sure. During Zwanze at de Garde, I overheard almost everyone asking to buy the Zalto shown on facebook and weren't turned away by the prospective pricing, once given the explanation of why they weren't for sale.

I think it was done for a trial run with the intention of selling them there later? Zaltos are actually pretty strong despite how they look since they're also dishwasher safe. That being said, they are definitely expensive for sure. During Zwanze at de Garde, I overheard almost everyone asking to buy the Zalto shown on facebook and weren't turned away by the prospective pricing, once given the explanation of why they weren't for sale.

I've only used a few zaltos in my life and the ones I used were crazy fragile. Broke one putting it in a box and saw others break them just rinsing in the sink. Really gorgeous glasses though.

I've only used a few zaltos in my life and the ones I used were crazy fragile. Broke one putting it in a box and saw others break them just rinsing in the sink. Really gorgeous glasses though.

Have about 20 of the things, haven't run into any problems currently. Just my anecdotal evidence.

Back