de Garde Glassware Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my moving done and unboxed the set - here they are. Hard to see them all given the glass on glass.

6E8UhyE.jpg
Are the mini tasters availible to purchase all the time?? And if so do you know the cost???

Are the mini tasters availible to purchase all the time?? And if so do you know the cost???

To my knowledge they are no longer sold at the brewery. They were available for $5 for the first time back in Jan 2015 (per facebook post) and were available until around the time the Whale Cow was released. That is when a regular trade partner of mine picked me up some to go along with the Whale Cow.

To my knowledge they are no longer sold at the brewery. They were available for $5 for the first time back in Jan 2015 (per facebook post) and were available until around the time the Whale Cow was released. That is when a regular trade partner of mine picked me up some to go along with the Whale Cow.
Wanna let one go?

Anyone heard the rumors about the whale and tipsy cow glasses being made again? I heard it a few months ago, but crickets since. I want the whale glass incredibly bad, but don't want to trade a ton of beer for it if the same glass will be released a month from now.

Anyone heard the rumors about the whale and tipsy cow glasses being made again? I heard it a few months ago, but crickets since. I want the whale glass incredibly bad, but don't want to trade a ton of beer for it if the same glass will be released a month from now.

They did an initial batch of Whale Cows and then followed it up with a 2nd release. I don't recall them ever stating they would retire shapes/styles as they use them so it would seem everything would be up for a remake (except maybe the OG Tulip and the Tin Bucket.)

The IPA Glass was originally the 2nd anniversary event glass but is not available at the brewery for $5 and has been for weeks. Could be left overs from the event or a 2nd batch.

We do not ever plan on making either of those glasses again. Not saying never, but probably not ever.
Mostly, we dislike the multiple weekly calls, emails, and of course(!) Facebook messages asking if we have them.
Not sure where any rumors came from, but you definitly should not trade beer for a glass. Unless it means a lot. If I didn't have a Schlenkerla tulip or access to more, I would totally trade for them. Because they're awesome.

They did an initial batch of Whale Cows and then followed it up with a 2nd release. I don't recall them ever stating they would retire shapes/styles as they use them so it would seem everything would be up for a remake (except maybe the OG Tulip and the Tin Bucket.)

The IPA Glass was originally the 2nd anniversary event glass but is not available at the brewery for $5 and has been for weeks. Could be left overs from the event or a 2nd batch.
Three runs each of whale cow, and cow snifter glasses. There are a lot out there.

We remade the original tulip.

Tin Bucket made their glass. Not us.

For anyone trying to trade for our snifters (cow or whale), there are a lot out there. They are not particularly limited, and a lot of people bought a lot of each.

Edit: Other fun drink ware coming soon though!

Last edited:
We do not ever plan on making either of those glasses again. Not saying never, but probably not ever.
Mostly, we dislike the multiple weekly calls, emails, and of course(!) Facebook messages asking if we have them.
Not sure where any rumors came from, but you definitly should not trade beer for a glass. Unless it means a lot. If I didn't have a Schlenkerla tulip or access to more, I would totally trade for them. Because they're awesome.
Well thanks, this answers my question. And yes, it actually means a ton to me and I'll probably end up giving a lot of beer up for it (based on offers I've put up and received crickets). Hopefully I find someone that's somewhat reasonable. Thanks for the info!

Three runs each of whale cow, and cow snifter glasses. There are a lot out there.

Tin Bucket made their glass. Not us.

For anyone trying to trade for our snifters (cow or whale), there are a lot out there. They are not particularly limited, and a lot of people bought a lot of each.

I think the problem (well, with trading for them..) is that a lot of people are into craft beer now, but overall not a lot of people trade... And even fewer are willing to ship. So that cuts down on the number of glasses actually available to outsiders. I've been trying to get one for quite some time and have had a few hits (coupled with bottles), but they always fell through. To be fair, I've always tried to get the glass with the broken truck, the anniversary, or the peach- which obviously limits prospective traders more. I'm probably better served just trying to get the glass.

For the OG Tulip, the remake you are referring to is the Q3 2015 Quarterly Event Glass? The newer one has the same shape but smaller dG logo. Where there more than the 72 original large logo glasses made?

Always excited to see new fun glasses on the horizon. Thanks for making great beer and glasses to go with them.

New glass is awesome and for a great cause, hoping I can land one at some point!

got one on the way, praying to the beer gods it gets here safely. now I definitely need the whale glass to add to the collection...

Ugh why must they make such cool glassware! Really need to make the trek up to tillamook from norcal :(

I am creating this thread to help get information out there for the de Garde glassware that has been released. This is one of my collecting focuses and I couldn't find a solid source of information so I figured I would create it.

Feel free to let me know if my information is wrong and I can update it when necessary.

Not all of these pictures are mine (as I don't have all of these glasses.)

Tulip - Grand Opening
72 Made - Oct 2013 Lee Noir / Vin Rougie Release

Tall Pilsner - 1st Anniversary, May 2014

Standard Tulip

Stem - Keepers Q4 Release 2014 - Nov 22, 2014

Sundae Glass - Jan/Feb 2014 Event Approx 300 made

Keeper's Mug

Flute - Q1 2015 Event Release

2nd Anniversary Glass - May 2, 2015

Tasting Room - Mini Snifter / Taster - Jan 2015

Whale Cow Glass

Tipsy Cow Glass

Tin bucket glass

Q3 2015 Quarterly Event Glass

After a crazy bottle share, my Q3 2015 Event glass went missing! Awesome share though in Tilamook!

How hard is it to acquire the kitty bu glass? Would love to get one for my wife so she can have a glass that is "hers".

Any info out there about the new lambic glass/tumbler?

I've seen one picture so far - posted yesterday.

No note of it on their board post on fb.

I would be very interested in more information.

they're still available at the brewery, they definitely made a ton. cheap too. don't bend over backwards trying to get one. that is all.

Thanks for that info. I'm on the look out but will reach out to my regulars first.

Back