DC Area Hops Group Buy #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandLizard

Progressive Brewing
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We are putting a group buy together for hops.
If you live in the DC area and want to order some hops by the pound for a very attractive price, here is your chance.

Point of pick up/distribution still needs to be decided, and pooling is a possibility. With our grain buys we have buyers from DC, Baltimore, Annapolis, Frederick, Northern VA, and beyond.

There are 6 hops we can get right now. All are leaves (no pellets), and 2013 crop.
Here's what's left, at this time (updated periodically):
Code:
Amarillo	4 lbs
Centennial	1 lbs
Chinook		9 lbs
Citra		1 lb
Simcoe		2 lb
Sorachi Ace	6 lbs

They need to be ordered in 11 lb increments, so when there's enough interest, we can add another 11 lb bale for those in demand.
We need to get the order in Sunday March 23 at 8:00 pm EDT. So there is a little more than 24 hrs left on this buy. If you want in, now is the time!

If interested, pm me:
  • your real name
  • email address
  • (potential) order amount for each hop

I'll then send you the link to the price sheet that shows the actual hop amounts left.

When you decide to place the actual order please email us. The particulars are provided in our first communication back to you.
You will need to pay with PayPal and the amount is due at the latest on Sunday March 23, 8:00 pm EDT. No exceptions!

We are putting a group buy together for hops.
If you live in the DC area and want to order some hops by the pound for a very attractive price, here is your chance.

Point of pick up/distribution still needs to be decided, and pooling is a possibility. With our grain buys we have buyers from DC, Baltimore, Frederick, Northern VA, and beyond.

There are the 6 hops we can get right now. All are leaves (no pellets), and 2013 crop.
Here's what's left, at this time:
Code:
Amarillo	4 lbs
Centennial	1 lbs
Chinook		8 lbs
Citra		0 lb
Simcoe		1 lb
Sorachi Ace	8 lbs

They need to be ordered in 11 lb increments, so when there's enough interest, we can add another 11 lb bale for each.
We need to get the order in Sunday March 24 at 8:00 pm EDT. So there is a little more than 24 hrs left on this buy. If you want in, now is the time!

If interested, pm me:
  • your real name
  • email address
  • (potential) order amount for each hop

I'll then send you the link to the price sheet that shows the actual hop amounts left.

If you decide to place the actual order please email us. The particulars are provided in our first communication back to you.
You will need to pay with PayPal and the amount is due at the latest on Sunday March 24, 8:00 pm EDT. No exceptions!

I just added a few #s to my order. Here is the updated availability:

Code:
Amarillo	4 lbs
Centennial	1 lbs
Chinook		9 lbs
Citra		1 lb
Simcoe		2 lb
Sorachi Ace	6 lbs

A little over 11 hours left...
Who wouldn't want any of those hops for $13-$19, including shipping? Whole hops, whole pounds.

The only thing you gotto so is pay for it and pick it up from the distribution point.

I'll be heading out sometime in the next hour. If payment is required tonight, I'll need to do that in the next hour.

Centennial only needs one more lb and happens to be my favorite variety...but if everyone votes to move splits elsewhere, I might be persuaded to go with Simcoe in instead.

I'll be heading out sometime in the next hour. If payment is required tonight, I'll need to do that in the next hour.

Centennial only needs one more lb and happens to be my favorite variety...but if everyone votes to move splits elsewhere, I might be persuaded to go with Simcoe in instead.

I think this buy is ending. Fritz has removed his hops and I will be as well. I have 15 lbs as is, and 3 more on the way. I will have to brew a lot already just to use the existing ones up. It was a good effort and we almost got there on short notice.

Maybe next time.

There is always Hopsdirect. If anyone local to me wants to go together on an order to get discounted shipping for a big order, let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I've got a surplus myself. Hopsdirect is sold out of Citra and Centennial and doesn't carry Simcoe, so I was willing to jump on this. Maybe next time we'll all be ready to restock. Thanks guys!

Bummer. I'd been willing to pick up the remaining pound of Centennial but now there are just too many loose ends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Home Brew mobile app

It was worth a try. Thanks to all who participated. We were close on few. Will try to do better next time with hopefully more time on our side.

HopsDirect had their yard sale last year in the beginning of April. Some hops were buy one get one free. Once you get at least 6-8 pounds together the shipping becomes more reasonable (per pound). Now they are out of a few hops already, the usual suspects.

Back