DC Area Group Buy #16

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll add another 10 # of CRI1033 Crisp Crystal Light 45L 25 kg (55 lb)

Who wants to close this out? Only 15 lbs to go!

It looked like there was an open split of pale rye with 5lbs left. If it is indeed still open, you can put me down for 5 and close the split.

It looked like there was an open split of pale rye with 5lbs left. If it is indeed still open, you can put me down for 5 and close the split.

Closed it is!!

Remaining Splits:
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 30
Crisp Pale Chocolate 30
Crisp Crystal Light 45L 15
Briess Dark Chocolate 15
Briess 2-Row Carapils 10
Flaked Barley (Unmalted) 25
Flaked Corn 20

There was also a post a page back that opened a handful of new splits. I have not had a chance to add them to the sheet...perhaps tonight after swimming...perhaps tomorrow.

PLEASE start sending in your payments! I will email all tonight if I have time. Thanks!

I think the carapils is down to 10lbs available. murphyslaw grabbed 10lbs, to make it 40lbs total claimed on that bag, in his multiple splits post.

I think the carapils is down to 10lbs available. murphyslaw grabbed 10lbs, to make it 40lbs total claimed on that bag, in his multiple splits post.

Good catch Peter! I forgot to update one of the HUGE equations when I added in murphyslaw so the sheet did not calculate his split. Fixed and thanks!!

Soooo many splits left. In an effort to close some:

I'll add 5# Bavarian Wheat DME (making my total 15#...again)
Add 5# Flaked Barley (making my total 20#)

Please transfer my two splits to Jorb. $11.44 isn't enough grain to bother someone to pick up for me and arrange transfer. See you all next time! Thanks.

I can't make the 25th but only had 2 5# splits so I am going to pull out of 5# of Carafoam and 5# of Aromatic kiln. Next time!

If no one can pick up for you I will take both to keep the splits closed.

5# Carafoam
5# Aromatic Kiln

Is it bad form to open a bunch of splits this late in the game? If there aren't any takers on my splits I'd rather strike it from my order than buy the whole bag.

Thanks!

Full Sacks
2 x RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb

Existing Splits:
10# 1926C Briess 2-Row Carapils Malt 50 Lb

New Splits
25# WEY1003 Weyermann Pilsner 25 kg (55 lb)
20# 3201D Flaked White Wheat 50 lb
15# BRI1041 Briess Caramel 20L 50 lb
10# BRI1036 Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L 50 lb
10# BRI1055 Briess Victory 50 lb
10# CAS1051 Château Biscuit 25 Kg (55 lb)
10# 3262C Rice Hulls 50 lb Bag
10# 3441C Briess DME Golden Light 50 lb

Would you mind switching to the cheaper Avangard Pilsner malt. I think it's qualitatively on par with Weyermann's if not better, I get better efficiency with the Avangard malt. If willing to switch, I take the other half of the bag.
Do you need the DME for starters? If so, consider jumping on the open Wheat DME split which works just as well for starter wort. I say this because it's unlikely your DME split will close and we can use help closing the wheat DME split.
Thanks!

I guess I'll try to help on the DME split as well. Put me down for 10lbs of the briess Bavarian wheat DME.

Would you mind switching to the cheaper Avangard Pilsner malt. I think it's qualitatively on par with Weyermann's if not better, I get better efficiency with the Avangard malt. If willing to switch, I take the other half of the bag.
Do you need the DME for starters? If so, consider jumping on the open Wheat DME split which works just as well for starter wort. I say this because it's unlikely your DME split will close and we can use help closing the wheat DME split.
Thanks!

Let's get that Wheat DME closed!

If you switch to the Avangard Pilsner I'd be interested in some (if German_HB doesn't take all the rest)

If not too late, I'd like to add:
1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2row 50lb

And start a new split:
25# of RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat 50 lb

I'll close out this white wheat split myself if necessary.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Sure, the Avangard is fine with me. I was just reading about that and was curious to try it.

Is there a specific reason you all are going Wheat DME and not light? I'm interested for starters and yeast growing but always use light?

Is there a specific reason you all are going Wheat DME and not light? I'm interested for starters and yeast growing but always use light?

I use wheat and light DME for starters interchangeably. I don't think it makes a difference. Regular starters are a minimal additional to my 5.5 gallons of wort and big starters (for big OG or lagers) I decant. I am currently in for 10# of the open wheat DME split but can switch to the light DME if that one closes instead. I am just hoping to score some DME this round as last time the Briess DME didn't make it and I am completely out of DME for my starters.

I'll take 5# of murphyslaw golden light DME split as well.... if it closes, but it seems that there might be enough interest.

I'm in for 10# of the wheat DME. I would change to light DME if folks want to. Either way, I am low on DME and am hoping either split closes.

I'm not seeing this one on the spreadsheet, but I'll take 10#

I opened the split a day or two ago but the spreadsheet doesn't have it yet.

It looks like we should be able to work out the DME. I'll go up to #15, which I think will get us down to #20 remaining. That's #15 for me, #10 for duckbrown, and 5 for peter78. Are you jumping on this too, joehova44?

I was going to offer to switch to wheat, but it looks like that one gained some serous ground in the past hour or so.

If my math is right, these are the remaining splits:

Briess DME Golden Light 20
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 5
Crisp Pale Chocolate 20
Briess Dark Chocolate 15
Flaked Barley (Unmalted) 20
Flaked Corn 20

Briess Caramel 20L 35
Briess 2-Row Caramel 40
Briess Victory 50 lb 40
Château Biscuit 40
Rice Hulls 40

I'm the only one on the last 5 so those will probably not close out. If that's the case, please just cancel. I don't need 50lbs of rice hulls.

I use wheat and light DME for starters interchangeably. I don't think it makes a difference. Regular starters are a minimal additional to my 5.5 gallons of wort and big starters (for big OG or lagers) I decant. I am currently in for 10# of the open wheat DME split but can switch to the light DME if that one closes instead. I am just hoping to score some DME this round as last time the Briess DME didn't make it and I am completely out of DME for my starters.

I'm in the same boat as German_HB, our DME split didn't close last buy. I don't need wheat specifically but I will use it for starters and probably to knock out some quick beers.

I'll help with some splits.

5# pale chocolate
5# dark chocolate
5# any DME

i will know its late anyone want to split a sack of golden naked oats with me?? SIM1071

I will take #5 of either DME. I prefer light but will also take either as long as on closes

Is it bad form to open a bunch of splits this late in the game? If there aren't any takers on my splits I'd rather strike it from my order than buy the whole bag.

Thanks!

Full Sacks
2 x RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb

Existing Splits:
10# 1926C Briess 2-Row Carapils Malt 50 Lb

New Splits
25# WEY1003 Weyermann Pilsner 25 kg (55 lb)
20# 3201D Flaked White Wheat 50 lb
15# BRI1041 Briess Caramel 20L 50 lb
10# BRI1036 Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L 50 lb
10# BRI1055 Briess Victory 50 lb
10# CAS1051 Château Biscuit 25 Kg (55 lb)
10# 3262C Rice Hulls 50 lb Bag
10# 3441C Briess DME Golden Light 50 lb

I guess it's a long shot these will close but I'll jump on:

5# Victory
10# Rice Hulls

Latest posts

Back