DC Area Group Buy #16

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheets have been updated. The following are the available splits:

Dingemans Cara 20 ........................ 10
Dingemans Aromatic Kiln .................. 5
Weyermann CARAHELL ................... 30
Briess Roasted Barley ..................... 25
Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich 15
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat ............. 30
Weyermann Pale Rye ......................10
Weyermann CARAFOAM ................... 5
Gambrinus Honey ...........................25

I'm in.

Sack
RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb

New Split
20 lbs Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich 55 Lb (1856C)

Existing Split
5 lbs Briess Roasted Barley 50 Lb (BRI1062)

Please put me down for the remaining 15 pounds of Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich (1856C).

Sheets have been updated. The following are the available splits:

Dingemans Cara 20 ........................ 10
Dingemans Aromatic Kiln .................. 5
Weyermann CARAHELL ................... 30
Briess Roasted Barley ..................... 25
Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich 15
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat ............. 30
Weyermann Pale Rye ......................10
Weyermann CARAFOAM ................... 5
Gambrinus Honey ...........................25

I'll take the last 5 lbs of Aromatic and change my Honey from 5 to 10 lbs.

Id like to participate but live in Clifton Forge va. Anyone coming this way? Lexington, staunton, harrisonburg, roanoke, etc?

Id like to participate but live in Clifton Forge va. Anyone coming this way? Lexington, staunton, harrisonburg, roanoke, etc?

I do get out that way, but that is a bit SW of where I roam. I am able to get to Waynesboro if you want to participate and drive a little further than Staunton...

I have to go to Richmond once a month for a meeting. Would there be a place i could stop by on my way and pick it up or would we need to coordinate a day? I can do either.

stonebrewer: can you ask if they can get Simpsons Double Roasted Crystal ("DRC") Malt? it's distributed by BSG, so i'm hoping yes...

Did we ever figure out if we can order malts distributed by BSG that are not on the list? I would love to get my hands on a bag of Extra light pilsner from Weyerman.

1 x CRI1001 Crisp Maris Otter
5 # of 1921C Briess Roasted Barley
10 # GAM1051 Gambrinus Honey 25 kg (55 lb)

Start a split of CRI1061 Crisp Pale Chocolate 5#
Start a split of CRI1033 Crisp Crystal Light 45L 25 kg 10#

Did we ever figure out if we can order malts distributed by BSG that are not on the list? I would love to get my hands on a bag of Extra light pilsner from Weyerman.

Nope. I will get to it but don't get your hopes up. I ask for updates periodically to the list and usually get the same reply...no change from the last one.

Is this group buy still open? I ran out of a few base and specialty malts (need to check which ones exactly) and would like to get on the wagon again! I know I'll need some Vienna (I can take half a bag if necessary), some (dark) chocolate, and possibly some light Munich.

1 x 2175B US CITRA HBC394 LEAF HOPS 1 LB
what pricing list are you looking at? i wonder if you're looking at an old one. hops aren't on our current list, so we can't get hops.

Is this group buy still open? I ran out of a few base and specialty malts (need to check which ones exactly) and would like to get on the wagon again! I know I'll need some Vienna (I can take half a bag if necessary), some (dark) chocolate, and possibly some light Munich.
yes, it's still open, not sure why you'd think otherwise :) let us know once you're ready to order. have a look at the spreadsheet to see open splits.

w
yes, it's still open, not sure why you'd think otherwise :) let us know once you're ready to order. have a look at the spreadsheet to see open splits.

I thought it's better to make sure it's still open than to be disappointed :D
I'll try to look at my inventory at home tonight or over the weekend!

Here's what I'd like to get:

lbs Cat# Description
-------------------------------------------------------------
5 BRI1062 Briess Roasted Barley 50 Lb (should close the split)
25 WEY1016 Weyermann Vienna 25 kg (55 lb)
10 BRI1059 Briess Dark Chocolate 50 lb
25 WEY1018 Weyermann Munich Type 2 25 kg (55 lb)

If anyone feels like splitting a bag of Briess Pale Ale (1927C) let me know! I don't really need it but my stash is not the freshest anymore and it might need replacement...

any idea when this one may close? Trying to plan out some batches and I'm running perilously low on DME, as in I'm out.

any idea when this one may close? Trying to plan out some batches and I'm running perilously low on DME, as in I'm out.

Could be days or weeks or months. I would say we are about halfway there. It could pick up next week and close in no time, or people could hold out a while and it take longer. Wish I could predict better. I could always set an arbitrary date, but it really needs to be worthwhile to do one, so I try to wait until we have 40 or so sacks as a goal. We are in the 20 range now...

Alright, looks like it's finally time for me to start looking at ordering base malt. Will get inventory done in a few days, but thinking at least we bags of 2-row and 1 bag of Pils.

I'll put in formal order in a few days.

Ok also I'm looking for pale ale malt is it available? It you can put me down for a WEY1002 wyermann pale ale I guess the pale ale and pale ale malt are the same on the BSG website.

There's a split sack of

BSG 3205D Flaked Oats 50 lb

that's not on the spreadsheet. Split happened 4/28 - 5/3. There's actually 60 lbs spoken for.

There's a split sack of

BSG 3205D Flaked Oats 50 lb

that's not on the spreadsheet. Split happened 4/28 - 5/3. There's actually 60 lbs spoken for.

Apologies for lack of spreadsheet updates...really swamped with work and family!! Sheets should be up to date. Note a lot of open splits!

That Flaked Oat split is on the sheet and I have it closed, but with only 50 pounds taken. I have German with 20, you with 10, Afrohopster with 10, and nootay with 10. Did I miss something??

Here's what I have available in splits:

Dingemans Cara 20 ................10
Weyermann CARAHELL ............30
Briess Roasted Barley .............15
Briess DME Bavarian Wheat ......20
Weyermann Pale Rye ...............10
Weyermann CARAFOAM ............25
Crisp Pale Chocolate ................50
Crisp Crystal Light 45L .............40
Gambrinus Honey ...................10
Weyermann Vienna .................30
Weyermann Munich Type 2 ........30