DC Area Group Buy #15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I wont be able to make it on saturday. Please release my grain to Bigs 66 who has graciously agreed to make the pick up for me...and to do my share of the sampling:)

I may be out of town on Sat as well, hoping to make it, not sure at this point. If I don't make it please allow DuckBrown to pick up for me.

I am starting to prep for Saturday as well. Gathering up all plastic grocery bags I can find and gearing up for the DME split since I was the fortunate one to start that split. I will attempt to pick up the 1 gallon sized freezer bags, which holds just about 5 pounds of DME. I am going to bring some hoppy beer for sampling and overall am looking forward to the split, they have always been fun in the past.

woohoo!

please bring plastic grocery bags, especially if you're showing up early to help with splits.

speaking of helping with splits: can we get a roll-call of folks showing up at 10:00? i'll be there, labels in hand...

This is my first time and I was hoping to make it early and join in on the fun. But I'm coming from Richmond area and this trip just turned into a family trip to DC. I'll probably be there around 11-1130 unless my son's soccer is canceled. If that happens I can probably get there around 10 and bring some little workers. ;-)

We will need scales that can do at least 10 pounds, scoops, and plenty of plastic bags. I think we have some buckets coming. I probably have a bunch of bags, though my supply takes a hit every group buy and I rarely get new ones these days living in MoCo where they are taxed. Cya there!

Looks like I won't be able to make it out after all, but snyderjt will be grabbing my grain for me. Sorry to miss it!

well, darn. i didn't go in to the office today because i had the option of teleworking. unfortunately this means that the sticky labels that i meant to bring home today weren't brought home.

anyone & everyone: please bring clear packing tape, if you have any. i'll bring mine, but it will be a drag if there is only one roll to go around. i'll print up little paper labels tonight and we can use tape to stick them to the bags, buckets, etc.

silly me.

image_24106.jpg

How late is someone going to be there? I won't be able to leave until 20-30 mins and it'll take me about half an hour to get there...will people still be there around noon?

All,

Thanks to Andre and all those who showed up to split this morning!! Things did not go as smoothly as hoped as we were short several sacks. We were able to work with 3 Stars and partially correct things, but the DME split did not happen and we were shorted one sack of BoPils. I will process refunds tonight...

Hey, thanks to you all (you know who you are) who make this happen. Great time, good to see everyone and meet a few new folks!! Looking forward to #16.

Thanks everyone, it was good to see y'all again. Wish I could have stuck around a little longer. Next time for sure and I'll bring some goods to share too.

What a great experience the group buy was. I got to meet a few good people and sample some good beers. Although, not as many beers or people as I'd like. Next time I will plan to fly solo (-family in minivan), bring some beers for tasting, get there early & stay later. The NoVA traffic reminded me of why I don't visit D.C. more often. Lessons learned and look forward to next time. Thanks again Tony and everyone else who helped make this happen.

All,

Some cleanup notes from this buy:

* I sent out refunds for FM Bopils, DME splits, and a couple of smaller items. Please contact me via email if you did not get a refund you were expecting.
* Nick_a - whoever was picking up for you left your Carapils. I have them so you can email me to arrange a pickup (live in Rockville, work in Bethesda) or if you are in no hurry it can wait until the next buy you are on. Your call...
* Rob: I have your DME in the garage...let me know when you wanna snag it.
* Thanks to everyone who helped, brought a beer, or just hung out and talked brewing...always a fun time!

Cheers all!
Tony

All,

* I sent out refunds for FM Bopils, DME splits, and a couple of smaller items. Please contact me via email if you did not get a refund you were expecting.
* Nick_a - whoever was picking up for you left your Carapils. I have them so you can email me to arrange a pickup (live in Rockville, work in Bethesda) or if you are in no hurry it can wait until the next buy you are on. Your call...
* Thanks to everyone who helped, brought a beer, or just hung out and talked brewing...always a fun time!

Cheers all!
Tony

Got my refund. Thanks again!

All,

Cheers all!
Tony

Thanks,man. It'll probably be next weekend before I get to it. Is there 10# of Vienna out there, too?

i'm late to the love-in, but THANK YOU to everyone for another successful grain buy. top of the to-be-thanked list is Tony who makes the magic happen. thanks buddy for fielding the delivery mishaps and ironing things out as successfully as you did.

once again splits were executed with brutal efficiency thanks to the volunteers. next time i promise to bring the sticky labels home so we don't have to do arts and crafts to get the splits tagged :D

there were some great beers shared! i've been on a hoppy kick recently and there was plenty on hand to satisfy my need for lupulin. the IPL was smooth, and i loved all the citra that was on offer. and for once i wasn't the one bringing the sour!

on to #16...

All,

Thanks for nabbing that, Tony. I'm not in a huge rush but I'm also sure you don't want my crap hanging around your house so I'll be in touch soon.

Back