DC Area Group Buy #11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody want this stainless steel front from a kegerator? It should fit on just about any college fridge it allows you to fit a sanke keg in a college fridge. It has rain on it, when dried it looks mint. It comes with the hinges attached. Free to whomever wants it, otherwise I'm throwing it out.

I'll take it, if it is not already claimed :) It will make a great front door to my new cold-box (in progress)

Oi, May I please add a sack and take some splits?

CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter 25kg

10# of CervezaMaLa's Caramel 60L
5# of AfroHopster's Melanoiden

Many thanks :)

All added. Welcome back!

49 sacks, 6 of those are open splits with 130# to go. Some of these only have 10-25 pounds left.
Keep gobbling up those splits while they last.

I would like a sack of

BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

I would like to start a split of (better late than never)

15# RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat

Thanks for organizing these buys.

Unfortunately I only have plans for 1 smoked porter at this time. Surely someone else will have use for the last 5

I only need 4 pounds, but I realized if this split doesn't go through I'll pay as much for the 4 pounds at my LHBS as for the 10 pounds here. Even if I never use the other 6 pounds, I broke even.

I would like a sack of

BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

I would like to start a split of (better late than never)

15# RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat

Thanks for organizing these buys.

Added.

51 sacks, 7 of those are open splits with 160# to go. Some of these only have 5-25 pounds left.

Unfortunately I only have plans for 1 smoked porter at this time. Surely someone else will have use for the last 5

Great idea!

I only need 4 pounds, but I realized if this split doesn't go through I'll pay as much for the 4 pounds at my LHBS as for the 10 pounds here. Even if I never use the other 6 pounds, I broke even.

Yeah, you've got a point there. I just grabbed the last 5#. Smoked Porter.

Thanks, got it!

Payments to be sent to:
Full sacks ==> stonebrewer (Tony)
Splits ==> IslandLizard (Frits)

Of course, how silly of me to forget. Tony: Incoming!
Thanks guys!

I'm going to bring a growler of a very smokey brown ale I threw together using some of the oak smoked wheat. I think it came out pretty good. Might be a little much for some people though. We'll see what you all think.

[...] I'm going to bring a growler of a very smokey brown ale I threw together using some of the oak smoked wheat. I think it came out pretty good. Might be a little much for some people though. We'll see what you all think.

Thank you, I'd like to try some.

I can take 15# of the RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat split.

Added.

51 sacks, 6 of those are open splits with 140# to go. Some of these only have 5-25 pounds left.

Hey anyone have the white containers for grain storage like at the last buy?

I usually bring the buckets but I don't need anything on this order so I'm not real sure I'll be there. I'll collect some buckets from work next week and see if someone wants to pick them up and bring them to 3 star for this buy.
(I'm up 270 by Urbana)

So if anybody feels like picking buckets up from my place send me a PM and we can get them transferred before the buy. :D

gmhowell has already spoken for the buckets I have in stock right now.

If it's not too late I would like to ADD to my order.

1 x BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

10# of Weyermann® Melanoidin.........to help the cause.....now I just need to figure out a recipe to use it in. 5% of grain bill I believe is the usage?

If it's not too late I would like to ADD to my order.

1 x BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

10# of Weyermann® Melanoidin.........to help the cause.....now I just need to figure out a recipe to use it in. 5% of grain bill I believe is the usage?

No, you're in time. Added. Closing Friday 1/30 @Midnight.

Melanoiden Malt is used to mimic the flavors and aromas created during decoction mashing, without actually doing one. It's sometimes called "Super Munich." 2-5% of the grist is a good amount. Other maltsters have similar products, often called Aromatic Malt.

No, you're in time. Added. Closing Friday 1/30 @Midnight.

Perfect! Thanks. Both the Full and Split have been PayPal'd.
Tony...I forgot to put my HBT name in the notes. If you can just use my full name and/or email address for reference that would be great. PM me if you have any questions.

Melanoiden Malt is used to mimic the flavors and aromas created during decoction mashing, without actually doing one. It's sometimes called "Super Munich." 2-5% of the grist is a good amount. Other maltsters have similar products, often called Aromatic Malt.

Thank you Sir. I will keep that in mind for my next brew!

Pickup Date is still 2/14 @ 11:00?

Perfect! Thanks. Both the Full and Split have been PayPal'd.
Tony...I forgot to put my HBT name in the notes. If you can just use my full name and/or email address for reference that would be great. PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you Sir. I will keep that in mind for my next brew!

Pickup Date is still 2/14 @ 11:00?

There's a buyers' info tab on the spreadsheet for reference if Tony needs it. Many handles are way more cryptic, and farther removed from the actual name behind it, than yours. :D

With the splits it's easier to match payment to the nym, as the amounts due are all different.

Yup, 2/14 @11 am.

Hey guys!

To start I'll take
CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg (55 Lb.) x1

#10lb Melanoidin Malt
#10lb Caramel 60L
#10lb Carafa II

Does anyone want to split a sack of Briess Victory with me?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

To start I'll take
CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg (55 Lb.) x1

#10lb Melanoidin Malt
#10lb Caramel 60L
#10lb Carafa II

Does anyone want to split a sack of Briess Victory with me?

Thanks!

All added.
I put your Victory on as a new split. 25# for you.

Current Status:
54 sacks, 5 of those are open splits with 125# to go.

Does anybody want this stainless steel front from a kegerator? It should fit on just about any college fridge it allows you to fit a sanke keg in a college fridge. It has rain on it, when dried it looks mint. It comes with the hinges attached. Free to whomever wants it, otherwise I'm throwing it out.

Hi, turns out I can't use this door, thanks anyway :)

There are still 20 lbs open on the 80L split. As payment is coming due very soon, what is the procedure if the split doesn't close?

There are still 20 lbs open on the 80L split. As payment is coming due very soon, what is the procedure if the split doesn't close?

Any split that hasn't filled by midnight on Friday (1/30) will get cancelled. As well as any orders placed that haven't been paid for by that time.

My suggestion is finding some more people to buy into the splits you participate in or buy the remainder yourself if you want the grain. I know 35# of C80 is more than anyone bargains for, but you pay as much for 15# in the brew store.

Crystal as well as most specialty grains last a long long time in cool, dry and dark storage.

Forgot to mention, we refund any pre-paid amounts that were cancelled or ended up not getting delivered. We play fair.

Since Tony and I do all this work for free, for the love of home brewing and the spirit of bulk grain buying, we always appreciate it when participants bring some bottles of their homebrew creations for us to sample.

Request for filling open splits:
We currently have 5 splits that haven't been filled yet. Listed are the amounts still for grabs.
Please check your inventory and see if you can take some of these, even a few pounds to help the cause:

• Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L - 20#
  • Weyermann D-Husked Carafa II - 25#
  • Flaked White Wheat - 35#
  • Rahr White Wheat - 20#
  • Briess Victory - 25#

Any splits that aren't filled by midnight on Friday (3 days left) will have to be cancelled.

Thanks to all of you, in advance!

To help close out the splits...

Please put me down for the following:

10 pounds of the Rahr White Wheat
5 pounds of Briess Victory Malt

I will send in another payment for those splits.

Cheers,

Kirk

To help close out the splits...

Please put me down for the following:

10 pounds of the Rahr White Wheat
5 pounds of Briess Victory Malt

I will send in another payment for those splits.

Cheers,

Kirk

Added. Thank you for helping out.

Re: additional payment, on line 59 you can see what your total is and what you've paid so far. The difference is what you still owe. ;)

I really hope we can close these. 3 days left.

Added. Thank you for helping out.

Re: additional payment, on line 59 you can see what your total is and what you've paid so far. The difference is what you still owe. ;)

I really hope we can close these. 3 days left.

------------------------------------------------------
And for those who have paid me, don't panic I have not updated the sheet this week. Just got home from a brutal day at the office...more to come, but I promise to update before Friday afternoon.

I second what Frits said about samples...you guys brew great beer and I love trying new/different homebrew!

I will probably bring a bottle of my Arrogant Bastard clone and Bitburger Pils to share during the splits.

------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:
  • Please be aware that all payments are due this Friday by midnight so I can process the order out to our buyer on Saturday morning.
  • No one can leave with a sack(s) without checking in with me before you go.
  • Please ensure you double check your order and make sure I don't make mistakes the day of the buy. It is hectic, I am socializing somewhat, and may get distracted.
  • We will have more info about the buy in the coming days. Please check this thread on a regular basis.

I'm already over ordered :) But I'll take 5 lbs Victory to bring my order up to an even 200. I'm gonna need to brew a ton this year (3 gallon batches).

Added. Thank you. Every little bit helps.
Yeah, you've got a big order. Brew away! Need another sack of base malt perhaps?

Current Status:
54 sacks, 5 of those are open splits with 105# to go. All but one have only 10-25 pounds left.

Just took for myself:

10# of Flaked Wheat
5# DH Carafa II

Current Status:
54 sacks, 5 of those are open splits with 90# to go. Any of these have only 10-25 pounds left.

Hi all! I'd like to add an order as well.
I'll take:

RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
Briess Victory® 10 lbs
D-Husked Carafa II® 5 lbs

I hope all this info is correct.... been a while since I placed an order!

Alonzo

I'll take the remaining 15# of the Carafa II split. I think there is going to be a ton of black lager in my future.

Can I still get in on this? If so:

WEY1003 Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

1 sack.

Going to go look at the remaining splits now.

Back