Dark Lord Day 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beerwaukee, what time are you planning on getting down there and in line? I think we'll down there at 8:30, I'm not getting there at 6am to stand around for 4 hours, esp since group A is lining up at the north gate and the rest at south

No doubt, I'll probably get there about 10-10:30 when the doors open. I'm sure there will already be a huge line but that's expected and half the fun. Being down there the full day there's no sense in bum rushing the doors imo.

Same here, only I'm at home and I didn't share any bottles :)

Just packed a cooler and heading to Munster in a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

LOL. Enjoy the day guys. I'm hoping to drink one of my 2013 DL's tonight. But I'm headed out to a beer event now, so day drinking usually means I'm not drinking at night. So we'll see.

Man what a day yesterday. Had a lot of really good beer! Sorry I didn't get to meet up with fellow HBTers. Definitely will go again. Here is my haul from yesterday:
4: 2014 Dark Lords
3: 2013 Dark Lords
Bottle of Blakkr
Bottle of Backmasking

1398607642996.jpg

Seriously?! That's pretty ****ty because the limit was 3 bottles per person last year!

Did they do that any other years? I definitely didn't see any earlier years last year, but we were just about the last people to get our allotment last year (last group) so we could have missed it.

Not sure if they have done this before, it was my first year. They were limiting 1 per person but I went thru twice and paid someone else to buy the third. They were also $25 per not the usual $15

The line before it opened was the only fun part for me. The lines to buy a single draft of beer we're over an hour. Lmao.

Not sure if they have done this before, it was my first year. They were limiting 1 per person but I went thru twice and paid someone else to buy the third. They were also $25 per not the usual $15

Thanks for the info. Guess it's possible they didn't have enough for 4 per person last year but still had some left over.

I just had a 2013 last night. Still very sweet.

Just people everywhere and annoying cold wind. Was my first and last time.
That's what we said last year. We had a better time in Indy the Friday before DLD. I think I'm over DL. There are better imperial stouts that are cheaper and easier to get. I won't turn down a taste at a bottle share and I'll drink my remaining bottles (or maybe trade them) but it see no need to go.

That's what we said last year. We had a better time in Indy the Friday before DLD. I think I'm over DL. There are better imperial stouts that are cheaper and easier to get. I won't turn down a taste at a bottle share and I'll drink my remaining bottles (or maybe trade them) but it see no need to go.

Same. That was my last out of state beer trip. Like my buddies went nuts when they saw pallets upon pallets of Zombie Dust yesterday and bought 2 cases each. I wanted a 6 pack and they said nope by the case only, so I actually ended up spending $0 inside the grounds. I brew 5 gallons a week, so buying that much beer is just irresponsible spending in my opinion.

Especially when the ZD clone here is so good!

Amen, forgot to mention I have 5 gallons about 8 days fermented, lol.

The bottle sharing and people I met in the line from like 8a-10a were great though. I got to try some great beer I had never had before.

Surly Furious
Founders KBS
Cigar City 5 Beers for 5 Years
Cigar City Jai Ali

That part was definitely a lot of fun, but once I got inside it came to a screeching halt.

Yes the zombie dust clone on here is a dead on clone. I second that the line for beer was a horrible mess... but the bottle sharing that went on even during the festival was sick especially the tent right outside the gates around 1 pm that had verticals of chocolate rain/black Tuesday/ grey Monday/ and mocha Wednesday!

i had a blast, the beer lines were super long in the middle of the day but by the evening you could walk right up and not wait at all. the bottle sharing in lines outside and inside were amazing! i'll definitely go again.

I had a blast, as I always do there. Got a taste of someone's Vanilla Bean DL there, pretty fantastic. All of the lines i got in moved fast, including the guest taps. (Oude Tart with Cherries was tasty.) Got a bit sunburned. :) Yeah, it was cold for a while, but that's the chance you take in the spring in the midwest.

Didn't end up with the haul i really hoped for, friends of mine that had tickets and were going to sell me their bottles didn't show, and my wife let her friend take more than i would have let her take. We all struck out on the BA stuff, too.

Back