Danstar Diamond Lager Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried this dry lager yeast? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I wonder how it compares to W-34/70.

Has anyone actually tried this dry lager yeast? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I wonder how it compares to W-34/70.

In response to my inquiry, Lallemand has informed me that until now this Danstar lager yeast has only been available in commercial size 500 gram packs, but within the coming weeks it should become available in standard retail 11 gram packs for the home brewer. They advised me to be on the lookout for it to become available in the not too distant future in my LHBS.

I would definitely try it when it comes out in the homebrew sized package. I am going to have to go on a lager kick to try all of my lager yeasts I am accumulating.

I️ just bought some. Not sure when I’ll get to brew with it, but posting so I️ can follow this thread and will post results when I️ brew.

Back