Danby DKC645BLS Problem :/

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajchevy135

Reaction score
Just had my first bad Craigslist experience, bought a Danby Kegerator off Craigslist, made sure it worked before I bought it, but when I get it home I notice that the temp controller buttons on the front panel do not work, but the button to switch if from Fairenheit to Celsius works. Also when I plug in the Kegerator it goes down to 41 degrees like it should, but I go to check it the next day and it is up to 88 degrees, basically it will not stay cold and it randomly stops cooling. Any info would be appreciated if you think these problems might be related, or what might be wrong with it, and if I can fix it myself, thanks.

Maybe you could add a temp controller. I'm no technician but it sounds like the thermostat isn't working properly. There should be a wiring diagram somewhere on the unit. If you bypass the internal thermostat you may be able to get away with a temp controller. Stc-1000's are pretty cheap.

Latest posts

Back