Czech Pils Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellbrew

Reaction score
Brewed a Czech Pils on 7/3 with Omega Pilsner 1 yeast- I think this is the Pilsner Urquel strain. 1.053 OG

Well, it was going strong the first week at 50F, but I had to travel for work for a week and just got home. Apparently we lost power while I was gone and my fermentation fridge reset to 41F.

I just did a gravity reading on 7/15 and it’s sitting at 1.033. I rousted it well and fixed the fridge back to 50F and was thinking to give it another week before pulling it out and letting it sit at room temp.

What do you think I should do? It was still super cloudy like milk and tasted mega yeasty. Did I put my yeast to sleep? Anyone know of off flavors from fermenting lagers too cold? The way it tasted I couldn’t tell really at this stage what I’ll wind up with.

I do exactly what you did, shake the fermentor, raise the temp and hope the little guys wake up.

If worse comes to worse, pitch another packet of dry lager yeast and see what happens before tossing!

Latest posts

Back