Cyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeeJo

Reaction score
Trying out the Cyser from this post here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/cyser-q-alcohol-tolerance-coopers-yeast-489847/ and wishing it tasted like it smells....

Amazing smells of apple and honey. Came out dry and almost dusty tasting. Not unpleasant, but so very different from what you get when you sniff the glass...

Pretty decent otherwise.

I think I will grab some FAJC and have a go at some of this with a bit of a sweeten to it. Maybe botle a few and see if it will carb up.

TeeJo

I dumped about 3 tablespoons worth of Frozen Apple Juice Concentrate into a liter of this and stuck it in the fridge the other day.

Nice enough. Little different than the usual stuff around here. A fella could get used to it. :)

Going to try actual apple juice and put some away in bottles as-is.

Bees are just getting started flying on my two hives. Looking forward to making some more mead and cyser this year. Hopefully I beat the bears to the apple crop this time!

TeeJo

Back