Culturing 3 Monts Grand Reserve Amber Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReverendTenHigh

Reaction score
Anyone ever culture this? I read their golden ale was filtered/pasteurized...or at least filtered...but anyway, I was wondering about what I should expect from this yeast. Is it a bottling strain or is this what they use to ferment with?

Ray

From what I've seen, most ale conditioned brews are conditioned with a different strain then fermentation. I'd be willing to bet the same with this one as well.

I just cultured it anyway. I doubt its a bottling strain given the style. Wondering if its what they use to ferment the golden ale or if its something else.

Just wondering how this turned out? Were you able to replicate 3 Monts? It's one of my favorite beers, and one of the few that I would consider culturing yeast for...

I went out of town and forgot about it. Just tossed it after getting your response. Woops. I'll be trying again, tho probably not in the near future as I'm up to my ears in yeast cultures right now.

Latest posts

Back