Crowdsource Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerbj

Reaction score
Looking for ideas on a hop profile for a brew this weekend. Thinking of a not so original citrusy pale ale...
The grain bill is currently: 10lbs 2row, 7oz flaked oat, 5oz Munich.

Hops on hand are: 2oz Lemon Drop/2oz simcoe/4oz Crystal/3oz Mosaic
I can always pick up something for a later dry hop, but hoping to do something with what I have at the moment. I appreciate any input and have a good weekend!!

I don't know if you've tried BM's Centennial Blonde or not. But it's a tasty brew that almost describes what your looking for. I swapped the hops around adding Cascade in the beginning and Centennial later. The beer finished awesome with a slight/light taste of grapefruit and tangerine.

I followed BM's 5 gallon batch in post #1 I just swapped the hops as mentioned above.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall.42841/

If you want more citrus flavor use Cascade and Citra combined for dry hopping. The boil hop doesn't matter a lot as it is intended mainly for bitterness but I notice that some of the flavor of Cascade will survive the boil. I haven't tried the other hops you list.

Back