Crime and Punishment Brew Pub Coming to Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a ticket for the 12-2 period so I'll be there some time around 12 or 12:30 for a bit.

They have a beer called Dankstoyevsky

Q93TOT0.gif

The few beers I had weren't bad and showed promise. Randomly, I thought the grodzkie was the most interesting which is funny to say about a smoked, tart beer. The two double IPAs I had could have been a bit drier especially the 10% monster, but the latter also could have used more carb to help it out. The sausage was really good. All in all, it seems like it'll be a good addition to the scene if they can manage to keep quality up now that they will actually be selling their beer.

edit: This was from 12-2. No idea how they fared once they opened up to the public at large.

I went 12-2 then back again at 11pm because my dad was in the area and wanted to check it out. There were still people there that had stayed the entire day. Yeesh.
The beers were pretty solid. Their 100 IBUs to Life and Indecent Exposure were probably the most solid and dialed in. Perfect body, clarity, carb etc.
The Berliner was a total raspberry bomb. In a good way. I drank a lot of that.
And the high abv IPA was a bit much for me. Super boozy and heavy.
And I'd have really liked the Grodskie if I actually liked smoked beers.
Also, dat potato salad.
And they also have Little Babies ice cream sandwiches!

Last edited:
100 IBUs (IPA), Ghost Station (Raspberry Berliner), and The Grod Inquisitor (Grodzkie) were quite enjoyable

Eye for an Eye (Imperial IPA) and Indecent Exposure (single hop pale) were decent

Rolling Stop (blonde ale), Dankstoyevsky (Double IPA), and House Arrest (Saison) didn't do it for me

I live four blocks away... I'll be back frequently.

I guess they are starting to fill growlers in some capacity now? Post on facebook said they were but no idea if it's only on Thursdays, only before 5, etc. Also $10 for a regular growler glass is a bit high but oh well.

Unclear from their random post. Given other breweries I'm going to say no but I have no idea.

Latest posts

Back