Crazy things you have heard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Reaction score
While at Yellowstone last week I hear a kid about 13 yrs old turn to his dad and say, "That water is so hot, I'm surprised it hasn’t started a fire” :drunk:

Not so crazy. The deep water thermal hotspots were discovered when a temperature probe was stuck into a plume and the PVC arm carrying the probe charred. Not exactly a fire, but ...

I was a party last year and some girl said can you believe all these June bugs are out its almost August.

I was at Yellowstone (and the Tetons) last week too. Now THAT's crazy!

I was at Yellowstone (and the Tetons) last week too. Now THAT's crazy!

Let's see just how crazy this is. We stayed at Canyon at the Cabins. How about you?

Did you see the bears out in Lamar Valley eating the carcass?

Let's see just how crazy this is. We stayed at Canyon at the Cabins. How about you?

Did you see the bears out in Lamar Valley eating the carcass?

We never stayed in the parks (there are several places to stay outside the parks for free). We did drive by people who were taking pictures of a bear eating a carcass bellow Tower (maybe below Tower Falls) on Thursday (the 24th) but a ranger was making everyone leave. Does that count as Lamar Valley?

I went with a friend from work that made all the reservations. Last year I went with family and stayed in Gardiner.

That was a black bear at that location and it was always busy as well. Lamar Valley is East of Roosevelt.

I was at yellowstone back in 2002. I heard this guy telling his kid the chipmunks were prairie dogs. Dude sounded exactly like Boomhauser from King of the Hill

This has to do with my brother in law. The guy barely finished high school. Number than a stick. After bumbling around for a few years his father, a tugboat captain, set him up with a $60K deckhand job. He totally screwed that up and basically quit before he was fired, but not before he racked up a huge amount of debt on cars, credit cards, and RentACenter furniture. He was making good money and figured he could afford the payments. He was able to get another deck hand job in another company making a little less. Unfortunately he pissed off his captain there not too long ago and got fired again. This was after he had knocked up some chick he met in a bar. But, after three weeks of being unemployed, his father got him back into his company. It is amazing how one guy can monumentally screw up left and right and yet feel absolutely no pain.

Anyway, I couldn't help but laugh the other day when he posted a rant on facebook about how some people expect the world to provide for them and that it's a shame how those who work the hardest are rewarded the least.

:confused:

Overheard at the bar, watching the last USA game of the World Cup:
"So where is Ghana? Africa?"

Not that dumb a question really, Ghana is in fact in Africa and there are a lot of people who do not know that. In fact there are many that think Africa is a country.

I have heard many dumb things and as soon as I remember one of them I will post it.

I went with a friend from work that made all the reservations. Last year I went with family and stayed in Gardiner.

That was a black bear at that location and it was always busy as well. Lamar Valley is East of Roosevelt.

Where did you stay in Gardiner? We drove up there one night looking for a place to stay. We ran into a local who invited us to stay in her yard, which we did. She lived next to a Bed and Breakfast that was having a party and a Celtic/Irish band played. It was great!

We stayed there in Aug of 2009 at a rental along the river.

"But isn't Canada like, a communist country?"

Oh, and one of my favorite stories from when I worked in a pet supply store. This woman walks in and asks for a certain frozen meat that we carried. I asked her if she wants the 1# or the 2#, she asks "Whats the difference." I look at her and go "One is a little bigger than the other."

On a post in our forum here:

"BTW, sorry to say, and I don't care what anybody else says: these are not your kids anymore either, some other dude (or dudes) will raise them up for you, you'll just get to see them on some weekends and pay child support from now on. Get used to it and move on with your life."

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/armchair-attorneys-divorce-problem-184435/

I worked customer service for an engine company for several years. Talked to a lot of different people on the phone. This came from a guy trying to convince me that oil can soak thru cast iron like a sponge.

"I've mot a metallurgist but I've worked in the music business" Is he confusing cast iron with heavy metal?????

A few years back after a motorcycle accident, I was trying to get through the door of a local pizza and pool joint wearing a massive plaster cast (weelll, quite a few years ago) that went from my hip to my toes.
On the third try I managed to get cast, crutches and myself through the door and hobbled in.
The lady had been watching the whole time from behind the counter asks;
What happened? did you break your leg??

I was speechless....

Just last summer I was in a locomotive at the depot, before the train leaves we allow people to clime up into the engine cab and look around, take pictures and stuff.
A kid climbs up and looks around for a few minutes, looks at me and asks;
"This is cool, How do you steer it??"

Latest posts

Back