crazy recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCuckerson

Reaction score
OK here is my idea: 4 gallons water, 1 gallon corn syrup, boil in 6 limes and lemons, some ale yeast....... What do you think?

Come on guys I need help!!!!! My wife wants a Zima, she says my beers are too strong, oh the tragedy of it all...!!!!!!!!!!

I think you may have an issue with the acid, but try it! Just do a single gallon and let us know! I'm about to do a apple/hefeweizen thing, so just roll the dice!

A Heffe is a wheat beer... cloudy, tasty... best summer beer ever!

Keg2- Oktoberfest (On tap)
Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

A Heffe is a wheat beer... cloudy, tasty... best summer beer ever!

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Is that your picture?

Give me the recipe Bro!

Look under my recipes for Hugh Heffe... it is wonderful.

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Polish women are hot!

I am not a woman... !!

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

I am not a woman... !!

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Bro I am laughing my a$$ off right now! I know you are a man; I think Polish women are hot..... That's all.... Trying to establish a relationship with you.... thats all

Give me the recipe Bro!

Hefes are more then a recipe... they are a state of being :D

Ok ok... on a more serious note... I spent 27 months stationed in Germany from 86-89. I had my first Hefe there and have been trying to get back to the promise land ever since. Keep in mind that Hefes vary, as do most beers, from location to location, city to city, heck.. country to country. It's a wheat base beer with a hallertau style hops that is unfiltered.. leaving a bit of the yeast still in the bottle.

The ideal pour is to empty 3/4 of the beer in a glass. Then turn the bottle on its side and roll back and forth several times to agitate the yeast off the bottom of the bottle. Then pour the rest of the bottle into the glass and watch the cloudy goodness.

I may get shot for recommending this, but pick up a 6 of Widmer Hefewiezen... it's not a bad hefe as a gauge.

As Pol said... "The best summer beer EVER!!!!"

Polish women ARE hott... my wife is not Polish, but way out of my league! Her pic is in my gallery.

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR

Polish women ARE hott... my wife is not Polish, but way out of my league! Her pic is in my gallery.

Keg3- Christmas Spice
Keg4- Fire In The Hole
Keg5- AIR
Keg6- AIR
Keg7- AIR
Keg8- AIR
pol...why do you manually insert your signature instead of just putting it as your automatic signature?

I may get shot for recommending this, but pick up a 6 of Widmer Hefewiezen... it's not a bad hefe as a gauge.

No shooting... yet.

Widmer is a great American Hefeweizen.
It was my first Hefeweizen when I was learning to appreciate beer years ago in Portland.

Stile is on point when stating the style varies. some are neutral in flavor and some have strong banana and clove flavors. It the yeasties doing their yeasty business that provides that flavor.

I like them all. :drunk:

Making a Zima clone is an exercise in futility. Get the wife hooked on a raspberry wheat, or a Kolsch and you will be in like Flynn.

I was thinking for my daughter's 21'st birthday, I'd make a cream ale with fruit. Maybe something like that.

This better? Never looked for the option to do it... now that it is an issue of national security, here it is.

Making a Zima clone is an exercise in futility. Get the wife hooked on a raspberry wheat, or a Kolsch and you will be in like Flynn.

Ok, lets say I were to make a cherry wheat or a raspberry wheat, When would I add the fruit? In the secondary? I promised myself when I started this that I would never add fruit to a beer! Oh well.

Ok, lets say I were to make a cherry wheat or a raspberry wheat, When would I add the fruit? In the secondary? I promised myself when I started this that I would never add fruit to a beer! Oh well.

Pasteurize it, unless you are using a puree from a commercial source, and rack your beer into it in the secondary.

Come on guys I need help!!!!! My wife wants a Zima, she says my beers are too strong, oh the tragedy of it all...!!!!!!!!!!

Make her an Island Mist wine kit. There are lots of flavors and they come out kind of like a wine cooler. Not quite the same as Zima but since those are near impossible to make.....

An even better solution is buy her a kit and let her make it. They are super simple to make and are ready in about 6 weeks. If you keg, you can put it on tap and carbonate.

I can almost guarantee she will not be happy with the hooch recipe you first listed. :p

I promised myself when I started this that I would never add fruit to a beer! Oh well.

Extracts are always an option. they can be added in secondary or bottling.

Other Options:
wine kits as mentioned above.

Liqueur kits are out there that you can tweak into some kind of fruity drink if you wanted to. They create a flavorless base.
You'd need to dilute it down to keep it more zima-like in the alcohol content.

oh, and never say never when it comes to brewing ;)

Back