Crazy flooding north of chicago!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcpcooks

Reaction score
We're scheduled to close on a new home at the end of the month. We had a terrible storm that dumped 5-10" of rain last night.

We're just moving across town and my current home is dry but I'm not so sure about the new place! Here a pic I took as I was wading in 2-3' of standing water. I know it got some water but not sure how much in total. I had to work a half day and then helped my neighbors who did flood. So I couldn't get over to the new place till 3.

I had to wade through 2-3' of water for 4 blocks to take a look:(

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1499899044.958116.jpg

I was watching the news and some idiot in a small sedan tried plowing through 2 feet of water and needless to say the car stalled on national TV it was only funny because the reporter's commentary was along the lines of oh no please, don't do it, please don't do it as the guy drives by with a rolled down window and a cheesy grin on his face, then had to get out with his friend and push the car through the water all on live Tv

Oh boy

Anyway, in all seriousness, please stay safe and good luck with your new house

Things don't look good for Growmasters in Gurnee (LHBS). They're in the triangle shaped building with a dark roof that you see from 0:30 - 0:45 and throughout this video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtOf0WsSCc[/ame]

Looks like Perfect (the other LHBS) in Libertyville will be a bit busier, at least for a while.

Our hotel is next to a river, and they expected it to rise up to the parking lot, so now we have to park a block away. Kind of a pita. Wish we'd brought the jeep!

We are just on the edge of it here in Milwaukee. The two counties to the south, Racine and Kenosha, got it really bad.

I'm outside Burlington on high ground. I was surprised by how few people I worked with in Racine were aware of the flooding. But now I'll admit, I never thought about what might be happening downstream or aware Illinois now had flooding. It's an unbelievable mess.

Might want to add flood insurance to that new house's policy.

Don't know about Pleasant Prairie, but Milwaukee just got a pretty good downpour on Wednesday(?) morning and that was it. No major problems.

Don't know about Pleasant Prairie, but Milwaukee just got a pretty good downpour on Wednesday(?) morning and that was it. No major problems.

Thanks, I was hopping to do some shopping while in the area

hope everybody is staying dry

Things don't look good for Growmasters in Gurnee (LHBS). They're in the triangle shaped building with a dark roof that you see from 0:30 - 0:45 and throughout this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtOf0WsSCc

Looks like Perfect (the other LHBS) in Libertyville will be a bit busier, at least for a while.

That's a huge bummer for Growmasters!

Latest posts

Back