• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Grainfather, Sparge Water Heater, Kegerator, Kegs for sale - North Chicago Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinpizarek

Reaction score
I’m a long-time reader of these forums (lost my old account, I just now re-registered) and have decided I need to downsize some of my equipment and let somebody else get some use out of it.

I’m located in the north suburbs of Chicago and open to in-person exchanges at a neutral site. You bring the money and I'll bring the goods. Disguises not strictly necessary. In exchange I’m looking for cash, Venmo, or trades of fine woodworking tools. Make me an offer.

Here’s what I’ve got:

Grainfather Connect (previous generation, T500 model) - $500 OBO. Self Contained Electric All Grain Beer Brewing System

Purchased new in 2019. Used for about 30 batches. All original parts included, everything is working.

grainfather-1.jpg

See? It even does metric!
grainfather-2.jpg

All the details:
grainfather-3.jpg

Pretty clean, all around. You can almost see my reflection in the bottom:
grainfather-4.jpg

Grainfather Sparge Water Heater - $75 OBO (https://shop.grainfather.com/us/sparge-water-heater-18l.html)

Purchased new in 2019. Used for about 30 batches. It has only ever had water in it. All original parts included, everything is working.

boiler-1.jpg

This one's even shinier!
boiler-2.jpg

The gritty details:
boiler-3.jpg

EdgeStar KC2000TWIN Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser - Black - $400 OBO

Purchased new in 2019. Has been plugged in the entire time I’ve had it. I added an additional hole in the back to allow a second CO2 hose for the dual regulator. I modified the included hoses to use ball-lock connectors instead of the “standard” keg connectors. Includes double-body regulator and 5lb CO2 tank (empty).

Has two taps and can hold two 5-gallon ball-lock kegs.

And it's clean!

kegerator-1.jpg

kegerator-2.jpg

kegerator-3.jpg

No scum! No ice!
kegerator-4.jpg

The details:
kegerator-5.jpg

3 reconditioned ball-lock kegs - $100 OBO for the set

Each keg includes a kit to replace the gaskets.

kegs-1.jpg

kegs-2.jpg

Is the sparge water heater still available and are you willing to ship?

Update: I'll be taking any items not sold here to the Flea Market Frenzy in Skokie, IL on June 25th (9am-4pm). I will probably be bringing some additional smaller items (carboys, bottling equipment, bottle drying rack, etc.) as well.

You can find a bit more info about the event here: Flea Market - June 25 2023

If you're in the area, stop by and check the stuff out without any pressure.

Latest posts

Back