crazy and probably stupid idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camneel83

Reaction score
So it's constantly hot in my house around 80 degrees and I really want to brew a pumpkin beer. Way to hot to brew a pumpkin beer with the traditional yeasts. Unless there is a neutral yeast out there that can handle those temps. I certainly don't know about any. But I do have some 3711 in the fridge and was pondering the idea of making a pumpkin saison. Has anyone tried this and had any luck or does this just sound like a silly idea? Because it sounds silly to me but you never know...

Thanks!

Cam

I think saison yeast would be an interesting experiment it would probably throw esters that would mix well. Is the 3711 the french strain? Because the regular strain kicks off bubble gum which don't think would go well.

It is a French Saison. Yeah I have yet to actually even have a taste of this particular strain. So it's kinda a big unknown on whether or not this yeast would work with the pumpkin flavors. Maybe I should just wait until I taste the saison I have going in the fermentor right now. As far as the bubblegum flavors I've read mixed things on this forum how some have gotten the bubblegum flavors while others haven't.

Back