Craziest Adjunt Used/Seen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a light ale. Stout is cheating.

I totally agree that Stout is cheating....... Hence my plan to make an oyster pilsner.... There's little point in adding exotic ingredients if their buried in a stout. I like stouts, and brew some, but throwing oysters or some other exotic ingredient in to a stout is an admission that you are afraid of the ingredient.

H.W.

Used: Bacon extract (don't, just don't. If you don't believe me, I'll send you a bottle. There is still half a batch hanging around), Mango, Figs

Seen: Taro, civet coffee.

I never did mention some of the adjuncts I've used before. None of which have been strange in my opinion.

1) Cranberry
2) Green Tea
3) All together raisins, currants, blueberries, cherries, apricots, dates, and a truck load of spices.

The last one I was going for an Alton Brown fruit cake for Christmas this past year. Needless to say, too much was going on, too many residual sugars left, and I used enough ginger to choke a horse. But it did finish at around 13% ABV, so that's a plus I guess.

It must be the only one. I will however see if I can make my way over there to give it a try next time I visit family in Hookset/Manchester.

You should come by for sure, there are 4 brewery's with in a 10 mile radius off exit 4 on 93 all very solid and a wide range of brews to experience

While it isn't as crazy as some of the others have noted, I think it's worth mentioning Wynkoop Brewing Company's Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout. It looks like you have to be somewhere near Denver to get their beer, but I guess when you use bull testicles for an adjunct in your beer, word about it travels to the east coast.

While it isn't as crazy as some of the others have noted, I think it's worth mentioning Wynkoop Brewing Company's Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout. It looks like you have to be somewhere near Denver to get their beer, but I guess when you use bull testicles for an adjunct in your beer, word about it travels to the east coast.

:off::off::off:
That reminds me of the old bull-fighter joke...
A young man stopped at a local restaurant after a day of roaming around in Mexico.

While sipping his tequila, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious-looking platter being served at the next table.

It looked good.

It smelled good.

He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?"

The waiter replied, "Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bull's testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"

The visitor, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the heck, I'm on holiday down here! Bring me an order!"

The waiter replied, "I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"

The next morning, the man returned, placed his order, and then that evening was served the one and only special delicacy of the day.

After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!"

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si, Senor. Sometimes the bull he wins."

Found on http://www.thevoiceofreason.co.uk/WorldsFunniestJokes/ClassicBullJoke.htm
:off::off::off:

I never did mention some of the adjuncts I've used before. None of which have been strange in my opinion.

1) Cranberry

Cranberry wine is awesome. NEVER had a brew more popular than the wine I made out of CostCo cran-grape cocktail.

I just brewed a Kolsch with yucca blossom petals. The yeasties are still working their magic, but I have high hopes.

That's about as crazy as I've ever gotten. I am, however, building up a sourdough starter that I cultured off some cheese in my refrigerator, which I'll try to make alcohol tolerant and anaerobic over the generations. That's a long-term experiment in progress, however.

Back