Crankandstein mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobstar

Reaction score
Good day,

I just wanted to share my experience with purchasing a Crankandstein 2A mill directly from the manufacturer. First off, I'd like to thank Don Obenauer for his outstanding customer service. I put my order in and had no option other than sending a check. I'm located in Canada and didn't realize that I had to mark U.S. next to the amount so I ended up short changing him about $10. And, since it's a Canadian check, a conversion fee of $7.50 was charged by his bank at his expense. I was surprised that he absorbed these costs without complaining or asking me to cover these costs. Very impressed :)

I received the package yesterday and it was packed well enough to handle getting tossed around delivery truck after delivery truck.

I'm quite surprised how rugged and heavy this mill really is. This thing can probably mill stones and ball bearings ;)

If anyone out there is in the market for a mill, I strongly recommend contacting Don for the last Mill you'll probably ever need to buy.

I also purchased a mill from Crankandstein.

It shipped fast, and was packaged in simple cardboard but well packed. This I appreciate as I despise wasteful packaging. So it was easy to get unwrapped and in perfect shape. I purchased a 2S model, and with the very reasonable shipping I am happy with the deal. Now I just gotta find time to use it.

Sounds like you should send him a check for 17.50 American.

My friend has a crankandstein and I use his all the time. It's a very nice mill. I just found my wife ordered me one for fathers day. It should arrive this Thursday. Hooray me!

The crankandstein dude just needs to step up and start accepting PayPal to avoid those types of issues. In the end, he made money. Just a little bit less. But he's getting great word of mouth advertising for almost nothing.

The crankandstein dude just needs to step up and start accepting PayPal to avoid those types of issues. In the end, he made money. Just a little bit less. But he's getting great word of mouth advertising for almost nothing.

The Crankenstein dude "Don" does accept PayPal, However I don't have an account "for complicated reasons". It was a learning experience for the both of us and I had to share my experience with the home brewing community.

Oh, "no option other than check" was from your end, I assumed the vendor only took check from that statement. Still, sounds like everyone is content in the end.

Back