Kegco 3 roller Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One drawback of the three roller vs the two roller, is that you need to remove the front cover plate and the hopper attachment bolts of the mill to measure the gap at the lower roller. I realized this after spending some time assembling the mill and didn't feel like taking 6-8 bolts back out to measure gap.

I actually adjust mine from underneath to avoid having to do as you state. I have angled feeler gauges that allow me to insert from the bottom and then just fix the adjustment knobs once the gap is at my preferred spot.

Something to think about who have this mill.

:mug:

I actually adjust mine from underneath to avoid having to do as you state. I have angled feeler gauges that allow me to insert from the bottom and then just fix the adjustment knobs once the gap is at my preferred spot.

Something to think about who have this mill.

:mug:

Thanks, I was wondering if you could access the gap this way.

Don't know if I'll bother finding my feeler gauge set as I would likely have to lay on my back with grain dust falling In my eyes with a flashlight in my mouth lol.

If your mill is only mounted on a base this sounds pretty easy, but mine is mounted on an old craftsmen tool chest rolling table.

I'm getting a nice crush :)

I just bought one from BeverageFactory.com, Kegco 3 Roller Mill: Model KC KM11GM-3R. $141.49, that includes shipping. 3-roller. Looks exactly like Monster Mill. Works perfectly. Solid product. I am happy with this purchase and will recommend it to anyone.

Slightly old thread but thought I would add this. I wasn't as lucky at the OP. My Kegco 3 Roller showed up yesterday and the blue protective covering was a pain to get off. I ended up using my wife's hair dryer to heat it up then used Goo Gone to clean everything up.

IMG_3667.JPG IMG_3669.JPG IMG_3670.JPG IMG_3672.JPG IMG_3673.JPG

After unboxing/hair dryer/ Goo Gone and deburring. It was together in about 2-2.5 hrs. I'm pretty happy with it and excited to put it to use.

IMG_3677.JPG

Latest posts

Back