Craigslist Search Keywords

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set up an RSS feed and you won't have to search they will all be loaded on your google home page.

My choices are:

brew
brewing
keg
kegs
home brew
homebrew
brewing
beer
beer bottles :(

It's pretty simple. First you can generate a search in craigslist.
For example: 'Beer' 'brew' 'brewing' 'keg' 'kegs' 'co2' 'c02' 'carboy' 'homebrew' 'corny' 'cornelius'
This will search for any of the keywords. Then scroll to the bottom of the search results page and you should see an RSS box. I just right click on the box and select copy link location. This copies the following: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/s...oy' 'homebrew' 'corny' 'cornelius'&format=rss
From your google homepage you can select the add stuff link and then the add feed or gadget link. Then just copy the feed link into the box and click add.

The only thing I don't like is that google limits you to displaying 9 results. You might have better luck with a different RSS reader, maybe a firefox plugin.

I just type keg* or beer*, that way I get any word with "Keg" or "beer" included in it. BTW, not too many keg setups for sale in Fargo, ND...:)

Damn, I meant to do an rss howto a while ago. You can do it with ebay searches too, btw...

It doesn't matter how many they show you in the past. The nice part is that you can just read it along with all your other blogs (maybe you aren't a giant geek like me with a ton of blogs to read) and get notifications when it's there. I don't actually have any beer searches yet, just because knowing they're there translates into spending money on them that you have to explain to SWMBO (had that happen with a few ebay auctions ;))

I try keg* and carboy* since those are what I'm looking for. I gave up on bottles because I keep getting tons of listings for breast pumps.

Latest posts

Back