Craigslist score....and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

talleym0nster

Reaction score
I just got home from picking up some bottles I found via craigslist. The guy told me he had 12 6pack cases of bottles. I got there and this is what he had:

17 12 packs of SA bottles.....204 bottles. All with labels still on them:drunk:
That'll be fun! Oh well, it's worth it. It'll be nice to have all matching bottles. I had a pretty eclectic collection before.

Also, I got some mail today:

Thanks, Ed!

Also got another item in the mail, a package I have been expecting. I bought some new tires, a set of fenders and some other goodies for my bike. Awesome!

Just a killer day so far!

JustDave

Reaction score
Very nice.

I've found that the labels on SA bottles are the easiest to remove, so that shouldn't be too bad. Even with 200+ of them to do :)

Reaction score
yes SA;s are my favorites to work with, The slip right off, usually don't even have to peel them, just pick the label-less bottle out of the tub, drain water, and pickup labels.

oops, didnt realize this was so old, I linked fro your freezer score thread.

Mirage

Reaction score
Great! That is awesome for you! We have been saving SA bottles as well, and some hot water and a scrubby sponge makes short work of the labels (I don't get much exercise at the office, so peeling labels makes me feel better). :mug:

GrizlyGarou

Reaction score
Great! That is awesome for you! We have been saving SA bottles as well, and some hot water and a scrubby sponge makes short work of the labels (I don't get much exercise at the office, so peeling labels makes me feel better). :mug:
I use a straight razor in a metal handle. Just turn the bottle around after it soaks for a while and they peel right off, leaving almost no residue. I just soak them in room temp water, though.

mmb

"I just got a new pet toaster!"
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
W00T, thread necromancy! This young one still has a little meat on the bones.

Say it with me. Oxy-Clean for de-labeling bottles. A 24 hour bath in hot water and oxyclean will make those labels slide right off. A little rinse, a small rub to remove any residual glue and you're done.

Anything else takes too much work.

scinerd3000

Reaction score
if only i had more room. have fun removing the labels. I think im going to try TSP next time because oxyclean works ok but theres gotta be something better. Maybe PBW?