CRAIG's LIST Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be happy to find HB items on CL around here. It's rare anything pops up, let alone steals

Post a wanted ad for what you are looking for..Many homebrewers have extra gear laying around, but never take the time to post it for sale on CL. I have found several good deals this way. Good luck!

Post a wanted ad for what you are looking for..Many homebrewers have extra gear laying around, but never take the time to post it for sale on CL. I have found several good deals this way. Good luck!
I am not in need of anything, but pounce on deal on CL if they are a steal and I can resell or use. I am in a decent sized club and I think the more I get involved the more I will share/sell/barter off items for members of the club.

Scored this beauty today for $25. I think that the gauge is broken, but I think that the tank is almost full.

1407186875207.jpg

Ferm chamber, $40. Then sold my much smaller one for the same price. Free upgrade! Now I have 6 better bottle capacity (used to have 2). ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407357234.319819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

6 15-gal demijohns, 4 carboys, floor corker, propane burner and small tank (full), bags of corks and caps, 18 boxes of wine and beer bottles, 7 gallon plastic conical V vessel, bottle drying rack, 2 1-liter flasks, various other items. All for $200. The demijohns alone were worth far more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

6 15-gal demijohns, 4 carboys, floor corker, propane burner and small tank (full), bags of corks and caps, 18 boxes of wine and beer bottles, 7 gallon plastic conical V vessel, bottle drying rack, 2 1-liter flasks, various other items. All for $200. The demijohns alone were worth far more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Real nice score at $200. Cheers!

I scored a kegerator w/ single faucet in door, 5# CO2 tank, dual regulator, corny keg w/ picnic faucet as well as a sankey connection (which will accommodate my current sankey keg that I scored for free from a buddy in the beer industry) for $50. Going to now slap a temp controller on my current mini fridge/kegerator and use as a fermentation vessel.

Picking up a March 815 pump with valve, 1 3 gallon and 8 5 gallon ball lock kegs for $250. Not insane, but $20 kegs is cheap anymore. I am splitting this with a friend, he is taking 5 kegs I am taking the rest.

Brings my keg total to 12 I think. Haven't paid more than $30 for a keg yet. I feel bad snagging them bc others in our club are always wanting to get into kegging, but nobody jumped on them. May pay it forward for what I have into them at some point. I don't need 12

I've had several gold mines over the years.

I picked up a free keezer on CL that came with 4 perlick SS faucets, a full CO2 tank with dual gauge regulator, gas manifold, and a sealed 32oz bottle of starsan. He originally wanted $150 for it, but when I showed up, I had him plug it in and after 30minutes, it wasn't cooling. I said, leave it plugged in I'll come back tomorrow. He text that night said it wasn't working, so deal was off. I get a text 4 weeks later from him saying his GF was moving in and he needed it gone ASAP, gave it to me for free.
I sold the perlicks and got some intertaps, kept the tank/reg and starsan.

Not CL, but I picked up 2 shiny new ball locks last black friday for $120 shipped.

On ebay 2 years ago I got 3 brand new 20# CO2 tanks for $3/ea with free shipping. $12 bottom line. They were out of date (they were 15 years old.. but shiny as the day they were born), I traded two of them for a new 5lb tank with regulator and a new sankey coupler, and kept the third which now gasses my 8 kegerator keezer.

Today I picked up a working haier kegerator with tall stainless faucet tower, faucet, 2 CO2 tanks (one full and in date, one empty and out of date), a dual gauge kegworks regulator and a few other odds and ends for $60. I'm going to sell it all and hopefully profit $50 or so to go towards a true fridge I have my eye on.

I'm awaiting a return message, but I saw a listing on facebook market a bit ago for a free Hussman double swinging glass door fridge (similar to a True GDM-49). I caught it 3 minutes after it was posted. I plan to make it my fermentation chamber. Fingers crossed I hear from this guy and I will be at his doorstep in record time.

I have scored some pretty good deals over the years.. the ones I'm most proud of;
True tdd-4 kegerator with 2 towers 6 faucets and couplers like new for $700.. I know that is a lot but not when you look at the price of a new one.

Tons of corney kegs, I have 10-10 gallon cornies that I have paid $40-70 each for and 12-5 gallon cornies average $20 each for

Scored a 4 tap kegerator tower for $20 that I resold

A huge 120" long 3 basin 2 faucet stainless sink for $100 delivered

And last but not least picked up a brand new monster mill mm2pro for $100

Here are my scores. Cdn $$
20lb CO2- $20
5lb CO2-$20
4 corny kegs (ball lock)-$80. And yes thats $20 each

Bought this about two years ago for just over $500 on CL. In the same deal the seller threw in a stir plate with a 3 Liter Erlenmeyer flask and a 50lb bag of Vienna malt.
My Old 3-Keggle System 01.JPG

I just scored this older but still fantastic shape kegerator for $75. It has a variable flow tap on it, came with a full 5lb CO2 cylinder, and the Sanke connections and a cleaning kit. Now I need to find a couple ball lock kegs locally for a decent price and I'll be in business. The best CL find I found but missed out on was a nearly new 7gal SSBrewtech BME conical for $150 but it was in downtown Chicago and I couldn't get there until later in the day.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    822.3 KB · Views: 68
I just scored this older but still fantastic shape kegerator for $75. It has a variable flow tap on it, came with a full 5lb CO2 cylinder, and the Sanke connections and a cleaning kit. Now I need to find a couple ball lock kegs locally for a decent price and I'll be in business. The best CL find I found but missed out on was a nearly new 7gal SSBrewtech BME conical for $150 but it was in downtown Chicago and I couldn't get there until later in the day.
Just use the sanke kegs. Just as easy as corney but easier to find

Just use the sanke kegs. Just as easy as corney but easier to find
How are sankes just as easy as cornies? Without the proper equipment (expensive) they are a PITA to clean...

It seems Facebook Marketplace has become the new Craigslist. My best find was a converted mini fridge with a two tap Tower, perlick faucets, a 10 lb and a 40 lb CO2 tank, plus 4 ball lock kegs all for $300. I also picked up a nice blichmann burner with the extension legs for 50 bucks.

How are sankes just as easy as cornies? Without the proper equipment (expensive) they are a PITA to clean...

It seems Facebook Marketplace has become the new Craigslist. My best find was a converted mini fridge with a two tap Tower, perlick faucets, a 10 lb and a 40 lb CO2 tank, plus 4 ball lock kegs all for $300. I also picked up a nice blichmann burner with the extension legs for 50 bucks.
You dont need special equipment to clean sankes. Just pull the spear out and clean like anything else. You can even buy snap rings to replace the spiral retainer ring it came with for pretty cheap to make it even easier the second time. I moved to corny kegs though because you cant easily carb a sanke without a tap on the liquid side.

Latest posts

Back