CRAIG's LIST Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten lucky a few times. But I travel and get to hit a number of cities.

Electric/Nat. gas herms system, mill, carboys, kegs, co2 and 2 temp controlled ferm. chambers. $500
View attachment 179026

$100
View attachment 179024

$50 10gal. ball lock
View attachment 179025

I bought 5 of those 10gallon corny kegs on craigslist about a month and a half ago for $100 total... look like the same ones only half mine were missing pin lock valves.

Turkey fryer propane burner with 8 gallon stock and and a smaller pot for $50

Tall double door fridge for $50

And just got a huge chest freezer to turn into a fermentation chamber for $25

Feeling good. Lol

Finally getting around to cleaning them. 2 where still full of soda and co2 ha...

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

1393116325497.jpg

Sold the 4 pin locks for $150, bought stout faucet and 20# of beer gas today, ha... Time to brew, if it wasn't so darn cold.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Bought 20 Ball Lock Corny's for $300.
Turned around and sold them all within a week for a total of $650. Used the profits to buy a Boilermaker.

Also bought (4) 10-Gallon Igloo water coolers two years ago for $75 total. Kept two (one for mash and one for HLT) and sold the other two for $40 each.

Single tier, 3 burner brew station on rollers, 3 x 21 gallon (aluminum) kettles set up as HLT, MT and BK with quick disconnects and silicon hose with March pump.
$500
Instantly upgraded me to 15 gallon yield, all-grain, no-hot-liquid-lifting brewing!

Originally, I had upgraded to all-grain with this haul for $200.
5 x 5 gallon Glass carboys • 1 count 6 gal . • 1 count 6.7 gal. plus Carboy stand. Very heavy duty Aluminum pot, 8 gal . • capper/ corker, stand . • Capper stand up . • Capper wingnut . , 10 gal.Demijohn ;7 Plastic pails• LME Brew Kits Muntons Connoisseurs Range, one each • Bitter • Pilsner • Mt. Melnick Export Ale . 5 gallon orange Mash Tun: 5 gal water cooler adapted for sparging . Malt crushing mill:. 14 x 24 cases clean cap-able beer bottles
Then at pick-up time, he "threw in" 7 AG "pale ale" bags he'd prepared but never brewed,a brass twirly sparging arm, and a wood homemade 3 tier stand, a homemade copper wort chiller, 6 gigantic Grolsch bottles (2 liters@ maybe bigger? they are way cool!) and a big bag of stuff ...bungs and such), a long shallow wall paper tray to sanitize in (I love that thing, use it EVERY time I brew or bottle)...

heck I made 9 x 5 gallons batches of beer from the ingredients he included! For $200 !!!

I sold all but the 6 and 6. glass carboys and got enough to replace with Better Bottles on one of those BOGO deals. (after looking at the pictures in the glass carboy accident thread)

Of course my basement is stuffed! I had to clear a "parking space" for the brew station in the garage. I have spent another $500 probably including $100 for a 50' x 1/2" custom made immersion chiller. And then joined the local homebrew club to get in on group buys (although I love the meetings!)

I enjoy being frugal. I generally burden my ingredients with 10% mark-up then add $15 for propane...I often make beer for under $0.30 per 12 ounce bottle.
We did an Imperial stout for about $0.60/bottle.

Not quite as great as a few of the other posts...but I'm happy!

I love CL!

Brewstation.jpg

theck and Brewsday, you both spend entirely too much time on CL. :) Sounds familiar, and definitely the way to find a deal. Great haul you both made. :mug:

Well here's another one for the books... Doesn't even include the (qty: 14) 5 gallon kegs

3 gallon spartan corny kegs in pristine condition. Cornelius regulators, secondaries and manifolds. The 5gal are the same style keg just taller. Most look brand new.

photo_zps8367e202.jpg

image.jpg

Well here's another one for the books... Doesn't even include the (qty: 14) 5 gallon kegs

3 gallon spartan corny kegs in pristine condition. Cornelius regulators, secondaries and manifolds. The 5gal are the same style keg just taller. Most look brand new.

Wow, whatcha going to do with all that?

Wow, whatcha going to do with all that?

I tried to post them for sale on here, but it was removed due to breaking their rule of not buying and reselling. It's ok. I posted a pix on reddit and it blew up everyone wants me to ship to them. I also sent some emails to the local Homebrew club. The guy I got them from is suppose to get back to me because he thinks he has another pallet or two of the 3 gallon kegs.

Here is a photo of the 5 gallon kegs

image.jpg

Is this a decent buy??? Saw this on a CL ad and I dont want to wait... lol.

$375.00

New, never used, 12.5 gallon stainless steel conical fermenter. Has tri-clover fittings, extra silicone gaskets.

test.jpg

Seems like a good one... new sells for $800, used ebay ones are $500... me, I'd offer $300 ha... He will tell you to f' off but then say $350.

I did ask 300 he said no and 2 others were looking at it. I told him I'd do 374 if he delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Me, I'm pretty frugal and not sure your situation but if you think $300 is good, he says no, then go with your gut and let it go... there is always another deal around the corner. Looks sweet but for me $75 is a lot of a difference, unless you got $75 to blow and really need it. And everyone says they have 2-4 people looking at it, say when you want to sell it for $300 contact me. Done that a few times and they come back and I lower it even more.

Me, I'm pretty frugal and not sure your situation but if you think $300 is good, he says no, then go with your gut and let it go... there is always another deal around the corner. Looks sweet but for me $75 is a lot of a difference, unless you got $75 to blow and really need it. And everyone says they have 2-4 people looking at it, say when you want to sell it for $300 contact me. Done that a few times and they come back and I lower it even more.

+1

If I buy something like that, I want to get it at a price point where I know I can turn around and resell it when the time comes and make my money back or make a profit.

I paid $25 x 6 for six 1/4 slim kegs that hold 6 gallons ea (I know these can be hard to find)

Then for a few extra dollars I build a rig to ferment under pressure and force transfer. (You can see the link to the system in my sig)

All said and done, it was less than $200 for 36 gallons and I LOVE the way the system works. Plus I can brew 6 different beers, or ciders or 3 different twelve gallon batches. And everything stores away easy and fits in a fermentation chamber easy... To each their own,but I'd never bother with a conical myself.

I never posted this Craig's list find...

image_zps063824a7.jpg

I got this (10 gallon corny) free... I met a guy on CL who found three of these. He traded me this one for some towers that I bought off Craig's list. I paid $50 total for both of the towers and he paid me $50 plus gave me the keg for the towers.

You seem cool dude.

No one really "needs" a conical fermenter...

I figured at that price I could keep it or if I didnt use it, turn around and sell it for at least what I paid for it.

I tried to post them for sale on here, but it was removed due to breaking their rule of not buying and reselling. It's ok. I posted a pix on reddit and it blew up everyone wants me to ship to them. I also sent some emails to the local Homebrew club. The guy I got them from is suppose to get back to me because he thinks he has another pallet or two of the 3 gallon kegs.

Here is a photo of the 5 gallon kegs

View attachment 187357

Pm me....really need a 3 gallon for a good price.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm ready to move to all grain. Been looking for a mash tun when I run across a CL add for two 10 gallon coolers and false bottom. (I assume only one false bottom) I'm waiting for him to send pics. What's a fair price for this assuming excellent used condition? I'm also assuming SS ball valves on both.

Thanks.

I'm ready to move to all grain. Been looking for a mash tun when I run across a CL add for two 10 gallon coolers and false bottom. (I assume only one false bottom) I'm waiting for him to send pics. What's a fair price for this assuming excellent used condition? I'm also assuming SS ball valves on both.

Thanks.

Me, I'd do $50-60 if false bottom included, each... If no bottom then $30, maybe, if it includes valve. Tuns can get pretty worn if used a lot, find it how many brews have been done in it as well.

About the best deal I got(As far as homebrewing goes) was 6 ball lock kegs. 50 a piece or all 6 for 200. I think it goes without saying which offer I chose. lol. All of them work great, just needed a rebuild and a bit of cleaning. no leaks, dents, even the labels were gone. Can't complain a bit.

About the best deal I got(As far as homebrewing goes) was 6 ball lock kegs. 50 a piece or all 6 for 200. I think it goes without saying which offer I chose. lol. All of them work great, just needed a rebuild and a bit of cleaning. no leaks, dents, even the labels were gone. Can't complain a bit.

I scored again the other day with two ball lock kegs for $25 ($12.5/ea)

But for the other above question... As far as mash tuns go, I sell mine FAST at $80 and even sold one for $100. I've sold at least 3.

All In excellent shape, but I also bought two from a guy with false bottoms in both for $25/ea

But I feel any thing below $80 (assuming all parts including the false bottom and connector parts are stainless steel and assuming the false bottom is a legit one and not PVC plastic) you'd be good.

Not a great find, but i found someone selling a Keggle that was predrilled and precut(clean cut on top) for $60...so was pretty happy about that....

Not a great find, but i found someone selling a Keggle that was predrilled and precut(clean cut on top) for $60...so was pretty happy about that....

That's not bad I found 2 keggles for $20 per... The 70ish year old guy used them for wine making.

Me, I'd do $50-60 if false bottom included, each... If no bottom then $30, maybe, if it includes valve. Tuns can get pretty worn if used a lot, find it how many brews have been done in it as well.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the guy emailed me back and they are sold. That seems to be the norm around Houston. There is not that much brewing equipment listed on CL, and when there is it goes fast, and the prices are kind of high. This guy was asking $135 for both coolers, which I thought was high. But I need to get my hands on one soon, or I'm going to end up paying $160 new for just a tun.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the guy emailed me back and they are sold. That seems to be the norm around Houston. There is not that much brewing equipment listed on CL, and when there is it goes fast, and the prices are kind of high. This guy was asking $135 for both coolers, which I thought was high. But I need to get my hands on one soon, or I'm going to end up paying $160 new for just a tun.

I have a 10 gallon Igloo with ball valve and stainless false bottom that I am looking to part ways with... Not sure what shipping would be from Wisconsin if you are interested? I posted it to my homebrew club website for $100 but I am flexible.

$20... not sure if the kegerator works yet.

Who cares... Obviously the CO2 tanks are worth that, but even if the kegerator doesn't work, the parts alone are worth it. Re-purpose the top/drain on another build...

Have a place now as well that takes out of date tanks in exchange.

Yup, Airgas is my go-to for out of hydro tanks. They charge about $5/7 more than other places, but for that extra few bucks, it's worth the swap... Once it's in hydro, I fill it for less at the other places.

Who cares... Obviously the CO2 tanks are worth that, but even if the kegerator doesn't work, the parts alone are worth it. Re-purpose the top/drain on another build...

Plugged in and it gets sort of cold but then it kicks off... the fan on the outside works but the one on the inside doesn't... pulling the tower off, top, etc (if I can get the top off) and going to try and find a nice 5.5 cu freezer on, what else, CL to see if I can repurpose it for that.

You may be able to service it. Check to see if you can add freon. I have a wine cooler that goes down to 40 degrees (with out modification) that holds 4 kegs (two 5 and two 3) I bet the top of that work fit it... would make an awesome kegerator. Good luck.

You may be able to service it. Check to see if you can add freon. I have a wine cooler that goes down to 40 degrees (with out modification) that holds 4 kegs (two 5 and two 3) I bet the top of that work fit it... would make an awesome kegerator. Good luck.

It's pretty busted up on the outside, I think the SS will clean up ok but the door doesn't close and it's super super inefficient compared to a keezer. Wondering now if they run the freon lines though the top, have to be careful not to open that all up ha...

i love this thread! i found a magic chef wine fridge for $10. but it was broken. i fixed the starter relay for $0 and now i have a nice.....empty fridge sitting unplugged in my basement!

i did find a corny for $20 that i bought right away. it was the best price i had seen in a month or two at least. that doesn't even compare to what some of you all have found though.

i love this thread! i found a magic chef wine fridge for $10. but it was broken. i fixed the starter relay for $0 and now i have a nice.....empty fridge sitting unplugged in my basement!

i did find a corny for $20 that i bought right away. it was the best price i had seen in a month or two at least. that doesn't even compare to what some of you all have found though.

That's funny... I got a magic chef fridge 100% free. It didn't work, I opened it up messed with the starter relay and got it working with ease. It was brand new too.

The best (face value) corny deal I got was $12.5 ea for two ball locks. A lady posted them because her son moved and didn't take them. Her husband was going to throw them away but she figured someone might want them. So she posted.

The best corny deal period (I think I posted earlier) was $1200 for 29 three gallon corny kegs and 13 five gallon kegs (all in beautiful shape) plus accessories... Sold off half of the three gallons to make all my money back and profit. Now I have a ton of free kegs in the basement.

One of my best CL score (I've had several great ones) was recent...

It was a huge lot of all grain equipment in a barn out in BFE Molalla Oregon. There was 13 ball lock corny kegs. Plus an extremely rare 5 gallon short ball lock keg from 7-up (has a track lid). There was 12 carboys including a couple brand new 6.5 gal... Tons of co2 cylinders, several stainless steel brew pots with false bottoms.. A full bag of 2 row... And tons of other items.

I paid $1000 for everything. I sold a few things off and made my money back in less than 2 wks... I still had a ton of gear for free. One was a 15 gallon blichmann boilermaker (with false bottom) I did end up keeping the FB and selling the pot for profit... But I did keep the 14.5 blichmann conical fermenter.

I pretty much got paid several hundred dollars to take the conical. Once I sell everything, I'll profit well over a grand while keeping the conical.

Here she is getting a bath
image.jpg

I picked up 3 more corny kegs for $60....Not the best find posted here, but not too bad for ball-locks that all hold pressure. :mug:

ball-locks.jpg

Back